ecclefechan butter tarts

Post your recipes here. Please use *newtopic* for each recipe.
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

ecclefechan butter tarts

Post by elvis1913 »

ECCLEFECHAN BUTTER TARTS RECIPE
Ingredients:
2 Beaten eggs
2oz (50 gms) chopped walnuts
Prepared shortcrust pastry
6oz (200 gms) soft brown sugar
1 tbsp vinegar (use ONLY the correct amount or there may be a bitter aftertaste)
8oz (250 gms) mixed dried fruit
4oz (125 gms or one stick) melted butter

Method:
Mix the sugar, butter and beaten eggs together. Stir in the vinegar, then add mixedfiruit and nuts. Line patty tins with pastry (already prepared) and put a spoonful of the mixture into each. Bake in a fairly hot oven (190C/375F) on the middle shelf for 25-30 minutes.

I've made these and their mouth watering, and since i'm always looking for the easy way out, I buy frozen pastry shells. oh their guid! Josephine.
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: ecclefechan butter tarts

Post by hahaya2004 »

Hi Josephine,
lovely, abolutely lovley. Gorged masel' wi' them Sunday efternoon sittin' oot oan ma balcony (24 deg C). That wis efter ah stuffed masel' wi' Joyce's meat loaf....mmmmh. :D
Bye fur noo. Irene. :wink:
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
joromomi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by joromomi »

Hi Irene you sound a wee bit like me, you like your food, or as they say inEast Ayrshire....that wis gid fid :roll: :D
There is no much that i don't like............Joyce
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

Hi Joyce, you are so right. I love good food...... :D And, unfortunately, lots of it.......... :?
Cheers. Irene
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

ecclelfechan butter tarts

Post by elvis1913 »

Hi all, went to make these the other night and discovered a didnae have the mixed fruit and no enough nuts so I left them both out and put in a cup of raisins instead,and they were guid as well,but no any less calories,but dieting sucks. :( Josephine