CHICKEN SOUP

Post your recipes here. Please use *newtopic* for each recipe.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

CHICKEN SOUP

Post by 5siamese7 »

Guys as the weather gets colder boil up the carcase of the chicken you had for dinner and make cockaleekie its great for warding off the cold.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: CHICKEN SOUP

Post by brian f »

Good post Bill. You need something to warm you up in this cold weather. My nanna used to make great home made soup but my mother did not carry it on.So many good old traditions dying out, maybe folks have not got the time.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Whereas my mum wasn't a great cook but I can produce an acceptable meal. Maybe young kids are cooking more adventurous meals these days with more exotic ingredients.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

My Mother in Law swore by Chicken soup for colds. My Daughter comes home from work and cooks dinner from scratch. She went on a cookery coarse with ,I think it was Heston Blumenthal, her and her pal from work.The Chef that kept his own animals.

Edit- I think it was Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall at River Cottage.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

My daughter's pal married at River Cottage ,and the reception was held in several large Yurts.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by little plum »

5siamese7 wrote:Guys as the weather gets colder boil up the carcase of the chicken you had for dinner and make cockaleekie its great for warding off the cold.
I do this often bill, my favourit is chicken and rice with a handfull of chopped parsley. Also tried home made chicken noodle soup mmmmm. I would like to try making hot and sour chicken soup I tasted while visiting friends living in Spain.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

little plum wrote:
I do this often bill, my favourit is chicken and rice with a handfull of chopped parsley. Also tried home made chicken noodle soup mmmmm. I would like to try making hot and sour chicken soup I tasted while visiting friends living in Spain.
Totally off topic, but hello stranger - welcome home, missed your posts :wink:

Now Meg - back on topic :lol:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Meg wrote:
little plum wrote:
Totally off topic, but hello stranger - welcome home, missed your posts :wink:

Was thinking the same Meg! Good to see you back, Neil.
No' fond of chicken soup, give me hot and sour Thai shrimp soup anytime!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by little plum »

Meg wrote: Totally off topic, but hello stranger - welcome home, missed your posts :wink:

I'm very sorry miss Broadie :wink: I have misinterpreted the topic of Chicken Soup. When you have a good chicken stock it opens up many ideas for a good soup. Yesterday I made Chicken broth mmmmm, even better today. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

little plum wrote:
Meg wrote: Totally off topic, but hello stranger - welcome home, missed your posts :wink:

I'm very sorry miss Broadie :wink: I have misinterpreted the topic of Chicken Soup. When you have a good chicken stock it opens up many ideas for a good soup. Yesterday I made Chicken broth mmmmm, even better today. :)
LP - As you know stew and soup always taste better next day - it was always called resurrection broth in our house. :lol:

Mx
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

My mother in law made the best chicken soup I've ever tasted. Boil a whole chicken till the meat drops off. Sieve off the fat, add the meat and the gravy add carrots and cooked rice...salt and pepper if you must....
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.