Trifles

Post your recipes here. Please use *newtopic* for each recipe.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Trifles

Post by brian f »

Had a mention or 2 on here recently, whats your recipe, My wife makes a lovely trifle, Birds Eye :roll:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Trifles

Post by morag »

Hi Brian, make mine with pound cake which is, if you don't get it there, like Madeira cake, cut to fit the trifle bowl base and dowsed with sherry,(or brandy, whatever) topped with fresh fruit, whatever you fancy...I usually go for strawbs, then custard and, finally, whipped cream. Sometimes layer the cake, fruit and custard again but not as a rule.
When I was teaching we often had staff meetings (unpaid) after school and pot luck was not exactly an order but...anyway, I took a trifle not thinking that many of my co-workers were Muslim, boy did they scarf it! When I realised my gaffe I went to the school director and apologised...she just smiled and said basically, it's all right as long as we didn't know! Lol!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Halal, there Morag, that seems simple enough, we will give that a go soon.cheers
5eulbdog7
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by 5eulbdog7 »

Morag that was funny and I like your recipe full of booze, pity they didn't know or you may have converted them to enjoy a glass.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Oh, I think a few did..typical religion..up front we're this...behind closed doors, don't ask. I'm glad my pals enjoyed it! I'll need to make one soon, but it'll be I'll do the rest, Angie (my dot) make the custard!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis