'special' chicken

Post your recipes here. Please use *newtopic* for each recipe.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

'special' chicken

Post by morag »

This isn't Scottish, but it's my family's favourite. It's always the birthday choice!

Chicken breast tenderloins, or just chicken breast sliced lengthways into about 1 1/2" wide strips,

Bottle of Ranch dressing, (or Buttermilk dressing if Ranch not avail.)

Nacho cheese Doritos (if you can't get them try just any corn chips)

Heat oven to 350

Wash and pat dry the chicken

Crush chips, not too small - about small cornflake size, to coat the chicken. I do this with them in the bag then cut open the bag down the middle and at the ends to form a tray. If you are only going to cook a couple of pieces of chicken you can just crush a smaller amount of chips on a plate.

Put ranch dressing in a bowl big enough to dip the chicken. Dip chicken in Ranch then in chips and put on baking sheet. Cook for 30 mins. (Toss any extra crushed chips on top, they are a tasty addition to salads!)

To serve dish up chicken top with salsa and shredded cheddar.

We have it with refried beans, Spanish rice and salad. And wine or beer of course! Leftovers heat up well or are pretty good cold. If I don't make enough to have leftovers I get some dirty looks!

Please somebody - Catherine? you shpuld be able to get the ingredients!- try this and tell me wht you think!
Morag
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: 'special' chicken

Post by Catherine Belle »

morag wrote:This isn't Scottish, but it's my family's favourite. It's always the birthday choice!

Please somebody - Catherine? you shpuld be able to get the ingredients!- try this and tell me wht you think!
Morag
Hi Morag :!: :D
Sounds good to me...tasty and easy to prepare. :) 'South o the border' fare is a favourite of Gene's. He'll thank you for this! :D I promise to tell you what I think...if you'll promise tae visit the forum more often. Good to see you posting again hen. :D

Thanks for sharing, Catherine
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
joromomi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by joromomi »

Hi Morag, I am definately trying your recipe.
It sounds good and what I like .......not a lot of ingredients.
Joyce :)
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: 'special' chicken

Post by elvis1913 »

morag wrote:This isn't Scottish, but it's my family's favourite. It's always the birthday choice!
Morag
Morag Morag Morag!
you don't post often but boy when you do, it's always something good.
Ta for sharing. :mrgreen:
Josephine.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Thanks Morag,

I'll print it out and leave it oan the kitchen bench maybe she who has to be obeyed or her visiting sister from Stinston will see it. In the meantime I'm away to make my weekly mango fruit cake - see this forum for the recipe. You Cannae Wack it!
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

special chicken

Post by hahaya2004 »

Hi Morag,
thanks for the recipe. It was delicious... :D I couldn't get the Ranch dressing so I used sour cream dressing.
Take care.....Irene :wink:
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
joromomi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by joromomi »

Hi Morag, I finally tried your recipe.
It is SO good, so easy as well, just what I like.
Thanks.
Joyce. :)