Ardrossan Rose and Alec

For those researching family in the three towns area.
Allison

Ardrossan Rose and Alec

Post by Allison »

Does anyone remember the Westlund family of Ardrossan?
Karl was a dock labourer and was married to Catherine/Cathy born 1909 ish
Daughters Rose and Catherine specifically
Rose Westlund married Alec/Alex ? Surname and Alec worked in the docks unloading sulphur. They both had ice cream vans that they drove round Ardrossan and Saltcoats in the 70's. They had a son Alexander.
Any info would be marvellous 😘
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Ardrossan Rose and Alec

Post by Penny Tray »

I didn't know the family as such but something runs in my mind that they lived in Ashgrove Road, Ardrossan, at one time??
Also, a Carl Westlund, appears in the school photogrpah section of Threetowners (circa1948); as does a Joan Westlund (1960) - both at St. Peter Primary, Ardrossan.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Allison

Post by Allison »

YES!!!! this is I am sure them because Catherine Westlund had a daughter with a middle name Joan and I'm sure this is the family. :D Thank you so much for this info and I will search for the photographs 8)
Allison

Post by Allison »

Hi Penny
I am not familiar with the forum and have no idea how to locate the school photographs or that section you are talking about. Please could you help me find them. I have opened the Three Towners Photo Album and see My Photos, General Photos and then below them Topics. No idea where to go from there :(
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Allison wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:24 pm Hi Penny
I am not familiar with the forum and have no idea how to locate the school photographs or that section you are talking about. Please could you help me find them. I have opened the Three Towners Photo Album and see My Photos, General Photos and then below them Topics. No idea where to go from there :(
You were in the right place Allison, from the photo album, you go into school photos for Ardrossan, then St Peters. Clicking on each of the photos will bring up a list of names. Good luck.

There’s a link here
http://www.threetowners.com/school-phot ... d-central/
Allison

Post by Allison »

Thank you 👍💙💙💙
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Allison,

The following may be of interest to you if you haven’t previously come across it: -

THE EDINBURGH GAZETTE
24 JUNE 1949

NATURALIZATION

List of aliens resident in Scotland to whom certificates on naturalization have been granted by the Secretary of State, on whose Oaths of Allegiance have been registered in the Home Office during the month of May, 1949.

The date shown on each occasion is the date on which the Oath of Allegiance was taken.

WESTLUND, Karl; Norway, dock labourer, 149 Glasgow Street, Ardrossan – 10 May, 1949.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.

Post by Guest »

hi there,

This is my family. Karl is my great grandfather. His daughter Catherine is my grandmother. If you would like more info please get in touch

kristiedegaris@gmail.com