Station Bar Stevenston

For those researching family in the three towns area.
carolinesmith46
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Station Bar Stevenston

Post by carolinesmith46 »

Hi
Trying to find info of the clements family that ran the pub in late 1950's early 60's. I think it was Jim clements and his Mother knew me well.

I would love to know what happened to them.

Caroline
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Station Bar Stevenston

Post by Hughie »

Hi Caroline, Welcome to threetowners. James Clements was a much admired Stevenston councillor.
Go to Google search and enter the following James Clements site:threetowners.net
You'll find many mentions of him there. :)
Clement
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by Clement »

Hi Caroline,
The reply to you referencing James Clements is the wrong person. He was a councillor.
The James Clement, no s, is my father. His mother, my grandmother at one time lived above the Station Bar.
My name is Kerr Clement, the eldest son of Jim and May Clement. We lived in Garven Rd, then Hamilton Cres. My parents then moved down to Canal Cres.
My Grandmother passed away in 1964, my father 1974, my mother1997.
Kerr Clement
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

The Ex-Provost Clements stayed I'm certain in Alexander Avenue opposite the Greenhead Avenue junction, there was the usual Provost Pole at the house, He had a son David don't know if he had other children

Post by Guest »

stivis wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:29 pm The Ex-Provost Clements stayed I'm certain in Alexander Avenue opposite the Greenhead Avenue junction, there was the usual Provost Pole at the house, He had a son David don't know if he had other children
I knew David (Davie) very well before moving away in the 80s, and I'm sure he had an older brother, Jimmy, called for their father, who moved to Kilwininng, possibly becoming a town councillor there?
chef
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chef »

There is a Street in Kilwinning named "James Clements Close I am almost certain that this was named after Provost Clements son James who was indeed a councillor in Kilwinning .