Hunter Genealogy

For those researching family in the three towns area.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Hunter Genealogy

Post by sweet caroline »

You will know that Elizabeth Steele was in Ardrossan.

William Weir
Spouse's Name Elizabeth Steel
Event Date 02 Aug 1754
Event Place Ardrossan, Ayr, Scotland
(Ardrofsan )

Believe her parents were Archibald Steel(e) and Ann Thompson
Elizabeth D/B 20 Jan.1809 East Highlees
William D/B17Dec.1808 East Highlees

William Weir Bapts 1 Oct.1727 Dundonald(Highbee).My notes-farmer at Highlees Farm,Old Loans Rd.,Dundonald,Ayrshire KA2 9DD

looked for the map I had, but must be on my memory stick. Believe farmland started just behind ruins of castle. Well that is looking from the field Highland Games were held.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

1881-New Street, Dalry, Ayrshire, Scotland
Agnes Hair Or Weir Mother-In-Law Widow Female 82 1799 - Dundonald, Ayrshire, Scotland
Hugh Borland Head Married Male 46 1835 Tailor (Master Employing 3 Men 2 Boys 1 Woman) Tarbolton, Ayrshire, Scotland
 Jane Borland Wife Married Female 45 1836 Tailors Wife Symington, Ayrshire, Scotland (nee Hair)

Agnes (Harrison) Weir D22 Oct.1884 New St.,Dalry.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
weir-dundonald
New Poster
New Poster

Post by weir-dundonald »

Many thanks for your help.
We had a lovely day wandering around the Dundonald area last Saturday having a recce into "Weir world" :D
Maybe other cousins might wander by here one day.
Would love to hear from them.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

http://www.dundonald-parish-church.com/ ... veyard.pdf

There was me buying the CD from Troon Family History . :D

SC
Myng21
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Myng21 »

sweet caroline wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:49 pm Hi Ray,As the Scottish naming system at that time ,was First son after Paternal Grandfather,and first daughter after Maternal Grandmother (Which they Did -Jane Campbell Hunter)Then i believe James Hunter's Father was called David.Only 1 i found born in Ayrshire was
28/01/1792 HUNTER JAMES DAVID HUNTER/ANN GILMOUR FR112 (FR112) M ST QUIVOX /AYR 612/01 0010 0094
Is there a middle name of Gilmour in the Famiily?

Although once they left these shores ,some never stuck to the old naming ways.

Ellen

P.S I see Antis Twp, Blair County, Pennsylvania 1828

Edit- No more info in David Hunter's Bapts.
Edit- The James Hunter born St Quivox does not appear in the Scottish Census ,but he could have died before adulthood.

Edit-Name: David Hunter
Birth Date: 21 Sep 1817
Baptism Date: 28 Sep 1817
Baptism Place: Stevenston,Ayr,Scotland
Father: James Hunter
Mother: Janet Campbell
FHL Film Number: 1041469

Hello all,

I’m an American who’s recently had my DNA sequenced and someone in this thread is my 5th great grandfather and I’m hoping someone out there can maybe tell me more about my family history or provide with more names since we all seem to be on the various branches of this family tree! I know it’s been a while since anyone has posted to this thread but it’s worth a try

My 5th gg is David Daniel Hunter, and his wife is Ann Gilmour. As far as I can trace based on suggested lineage from available documents, my family comes from his son James (the one born in St Quivox) who travelled to Pennsylvania at some point and died here in the United States.

I’m just curious and excited to learn as much as possible for myself and for my family because we didn’t know much before we sent our kits in.

Thank you to anyone who sees this and is able/willing to respond. Hope to hear something soon

Mercedes
Myng21
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Myng21 »

Ray Hunter wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:42 pm Hello: I am looking for information on James Hunter, married to Janet Campbell. They are listed in the Stevenston 1819 census, with a son named David. I believe they left the UK on a ship called the Brig Rising Sun in 1821, when James was listed as age 29, Janet was listed as age 22, while David was 3. They settled in Antis Twp, Blair County, Pennsylvania. James is my GGGGGF. Any information would be appreciated.

Ray Hunter

huntersofa2@aol.com
I just submitted a response to this forum regarding the same person. Hello cousin? :lol: