Busbie Drive Ardrossan

For those researching family in the three towns area.
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Busbie Drive Ardrossan

Post by Sarah »

This photo with the boarded windows brought back a lot of memories, I lived in 27, from 1939 till 55, I can remember
Beggs terrace being built and can remember most of the families around me but not too sure of the one's at the bottom of the street, great street at that time..
Visitor

Post by Visitor »

A family of Dochertys lived in Busbie Drive until they moved round the corner to Ailsa Gardens, where some of them might still be.

In the second of George's pictures, on the left-hand side, the first block of four flats, left-hand again, downstairs (with the car parked on the driveway or on that of the semi-detached next door) is the Docherty's former home. Mickey and Philomena were the parents and they had around eight children. The parents came originally from Inishowen and arrived in Ardrossan via Glasgow.
Iainbrown5

Post by Iainbrown5 »

Poppy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:10 pm Hi Del80
I lived at 11 Busbie Drive from around 1949 until 1961. I remember 2 sisters living at No13 but unfortunately I can't remember their names. Poppy
Hi Poppy

Did you know the Wallaces at number 10 or the Browns at number 14?

Iain
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

I lived in 27 and the only Clarks I remember lived in 23 ? Hugh and Cathie I was only 11 then and use to go to the plaza on a Friday night to
get them fish and chips.