The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by brian f »

Is anyone watching the Celtic game tonight. jeezo.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:28 pm Is anyone watching the Celtic game tonight. jeezo.
Europa league for Celtic then :blackeye:
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:43 pm
brian f wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:28 pm Is anyone watching the Celtic game tonight. jeezo.
Europa league for Celtic then :blackeye:
As a born and bred Rangers supporter living in Ungland the past 40 years, I don't take much satisfaction Celtic losing tonight. I always remind my friends in the local populace,Glasgow Celtic was the first team in Britain to have won the European Cup in 67. And all born local....
Last edited by brian f on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

It's also very important that every Scottish team playing in the Champions League and the Europa League win as many matches as possible in order to raise Scotland's UEFA Coefficient which ultimately determines how many teams from Scotland get into the above competitions and at what stages.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Robert Cook
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Robert Cook »

Went to the movies the other night and watched "once upon a time in Hollywood "by Tarantino (very good)
One of the previews of upcoming movies was called "Ad Astra " Which is of course the motto of Ardrossan Academy. It is on their school badge and means "To the Stars"
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Robert Cook wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:29 pm Went to the movies the other night and watched "once upon a time in Hollywood "by Tarantino (very good)
Looking forward to seeing this cannae beat a Tarantino movie.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Most users ever online was 3803 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:51 am

What's that all about?
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

bonzo wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:20 pm Most users ever online was 3803 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:51 am

What's that all about?
I've been watching this over the last week. In the main these visitors have been Chinese bots. They are not registering to join - they have to know the answer to a local regional question. Once in a blue moon a human spammer might register but they are caught out and dumped when their first posts are moderated.

I'll contact our host over the coming days to see if they can block these bots server-side if they feel they are taking up resources, though there seems no apparent slow down on our board because of them. They are only seeing what other guests can see.

See this topic on the phpbb software help site relating to bots: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p15014721
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

Sitting here with nothing better to do than play my book of Sudoku puzzles. My right foot has torn tendons or ligaments and I can only walk with crutches. Pretty painful as well. I should be walking again in a few days. I had some X Rays which fortunately found nothing was broken. When I left the hospital I asked the doctor if I would be able to play football when it was healed up. She said it would be alright for me to play football. To which I replied: "That is good news for I couldn't play it before". She did see the funny side of it.

Wee Boney
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Hughie wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:11 pm
bonzo wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:20 pm Most users ever online was 3803 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:51 am

What's that all about?
I've been watching this over the last week. In the main these visitors have been Chinese bots. They are not registering to join - they have to know the answer to a local regional question. Once in a blue moon a human spammer might register but they are caught out and dumped when their first posts are moderated.

I'll contact our host over the coming days to see if they can block these bots server-side if they feel they are taking up resources, though there seems no apparent slow down on our board because of them. They are only seeing what other guests can see.

See this topic on the phpbb software help site relating to bots: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p15014721
Cheers hughie, I thought it would be something like that. We are getting hammered with emails at work just now from bots, 40, 50 a day mainly seems to be Russian but a pain in the bum where ever they come from.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

gnyaff wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:42 am Sitting here with nothing better to do than play my book of Sudoku puzzles. My right foot has torn tendons or ligaments and I can only walk with crutches. Pretty painful as well. I should be walking again in a few days. I had some X Rays which fortunately found nothing was broken. When I left the hospital I asked the doctor if I would be able to play football when it was healed up. She said it would be alright for me to play football. To which I replied: "That is good news for I couldn't play it before". She did see the funny side of it.

Wee Boney
Liked that, hope you have a quick recovery :good:
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Was this a biking accident Ian?