The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by Hughie »

Aussie's, remember, clocks go forward one hour tonight on our eastern mainland coast and Tasmania. The exception is Queensland. Cannae wait for the approaching warm weather - starting to hear our lawn growing now Spring is here and with all this rain in the past few days I'm thinking I might need a ride-on mower for my birthday. :roll:
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Don't think W.A. or Northern Territory change their clocks either.
Could be wrong, thought I heard that yesterday, but being jetlagged may have misheard.
Chair still moving.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Glad you got back all in one piece Netta - it was great meeting you and Bobby at long last.

Meg
BigIan
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by BigIan »

Hughie wrote:Sorry to hear you've been ill, Ian. Jeezo! All that time in hospital. :shock: I hope all is back to normal for you very soon. //perfect
Thanks Hughie! :hi:

It's been a bit of a saga, suffice to say it was one misdiagnosis after another until I suddenly got very ill......my bone marrow decided to stop working! Gulp! :shock:
Was admitted with next to no red blood cells circulating, or many other blood cells for that matter, and was given less than a 5% chance of surviving the first couple of days, but at least I could see Bonnie Scotland! :mrgreen:

Anyway, that was then, this is now and you just have to keep taking each day as it comes and making the most of it, which in my case involves trying to read through as many of the threads I've missed since I've been away.

I keep thinking about investing in one of those smartphones that allow you to access t'internet so that I can keep in touch but until they come down to my price bracket, around 3s 6d, I won't budge! :lol:

Hopefully I'll be home for a wee while, in between the district nurses coming in on a regular basis and drawing blood out of me......."to make sure you've got enough red blood cells".......erm, I would have a lot more if you ladies didn't keep coming here and sooking out a huge big syringe full every week! //funny

It's true what they say, laughter is the best medicine! ;)

Hope everyone else is hail, hearty and healthy and have had a good "summer" (I watched the rain through the hospital windows!).

Looking forward to getting back to the toons for a visit, if we can just get the travel sickness under control (that's a new symptom! :D ), aye, all good fun! :D

Thanks again Hughie!
Ardrossan weather forecasting: If you can see Arran it's about to rain, if you can't see Arran it's already raining. Simples! :D
Milda
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Milda »

Sorry, you have certainly been through the mill,hope things are better for you Ian.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Hi Ian,

All the best and stick in there son.

JD.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Best wishes, Ian.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
geomacintyre
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by geomacintyre »

.... thinking if I see another apple I'll scream. My solitary apple tree has produced more than 130lb of fruit this year. Lovely blossom followed by lovely crop. Just spent the morning peeling and coring. Now getting ready to prepare apple crumble, apple pie, apple tart, apple flan, apple and chilli jelly and whatever else (apart from cider and wine as that part of the crop has already been dealt with) I can find in my recipe books.
What we do for ourselves alone dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. - Albert Pine
BigIan
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by BigIan »

.....thinking (makes a change for me! :mrgreen: ) thanks for the kind messages of support, very much appreciated.
Also thinking, where did all this rain come from? I think it's terrible.....the wife can't get the lawnmower out! :lol:
Ardrossan weather forecasting: If you can see Arran it's about to rain, if you can't see Arran it's already raining. Simples! :D
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

BigIan wrote:the wife can't get the lawnmower out! :lol:
Got me thinking, Ian. My wife has never cut our lawn - but I've a plan. Thinking about getting a new Honda gear driven mower - so she just has to guide it. I've a feeling the first part of this plan is sure to work - as long as she looks after the roses, we'll remain a good team. 8)

:think: Wonder how Bobby McCubbin down the road gets Netta to cut the lawn.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Lawn??? Lawn is not eco friendly...sure, it looks nice. But unless you live in a well rained area..
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

morag wrote:Lawn is not eco friendly.
In general that's true, Morag. But ours has gone through years of drought without being watered - last time I watered it was the first year it was laid as turf about ten years ago. I think it all comes down to type and mixture of grasses. BTW that's Johnboys drive in the top left.