The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by Meg »

brian f wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:27 pm

I take it you are not a fan of online delivery .. Tesco works for me and at £7.99 a month for unlimited works well for me .
Hi Brian - actually picking my own shopping is an attempt to support Scottish farmers and producers and trying to “buy local”. Tesco hasn’t stocked Scottish beef, lamb, dairy or vegetables for 18 months now. Our farmers are being bluttered and Tesco’s answer was to drop all our produce from their shelves.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Thank goodness it's cooled down. This was a couple of nights ago - even had the ceiling fan on. A/C only in the lounge.

meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

I'm thinking about the photographs that are being posted on 'casualties of war' topic and the reports in the various town topics about the number of young men sent to their deaths to fight someone else's war. What a waste.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Good riddance January and take your time coming round again🙄
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Sad to say another two Scottish Football Players have died with Motor Neuron Disease, namely David Hagen Former Rangers/Hearts payer only 46, and Geordie Bain,66, Nithsdale Wanderers, Sanquhar, Dumfries & Galloway. Seems to me tis disease has some connection to football players.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

I'm thinking that Policing might well be in the top 10 career choices of Psychopaths. Having said that though, I'm sure the vast majority of Cops are decent, well balanced individuals.
Last edited by Kittywake on Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Happy mothers day tomorrow 🌹🌷 //heart
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Kittywake wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:06 pm I'm thinking that Policing might well be in the top 10 career choices of Psychopaths. Having said that though, I'm sure the vast majority of Cops are decent, well balanced individuals.
Kittywake,

I’m glad now I didn’t respond last night, allowing for your ‘second sentence edit’ to appear this morning.

I’m still wondering how, on a recent Friday night, you managed to turn a post by HUGHIE on the 17th February, about the heroism of two local police officers, into a thread about police assault!

And now, out of the blue, at 8 o’clock or thereby on a Saturday night, you’re thinking that “Policing might well be in the top 10 career choices of psychopaths”, triggered no doubt by the arrest of a Metropolitan police constable of a charge of murdering a young woman; a suspect arrested, incidentally, by the police, and very swiftly!

There are approximately 150,000 police officers in the United Kingdom at the moment, and an alleged murder by one of them, no matter how dreadful the circumstances might be, shouldn’t start what would be a fruitless witch-hunt for psychopaths in the ranks.

There is much wrong with our current police service, and, for a variety of reasons it’s getting worse, but, having travelled extensively, the United Kingdom, please believe me, is still in the Premier League of Policing.

And you’ll be glad to hear, I don’t intend to get into a debate about my own observations. My commitment to Threetowners, is, I think, currently sufficient, and I've enough to be getting on with. Your statement last night was a mere irritation, which I needed to scratch!
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

I know nothing about law but could this public outrage against the accused actually hamper the prosecution case.

The presumption of innocence is a legal principle that one is considered "innocent until proven guilty (Wikipedia)
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

Penny Tray,
You've mentioned a post there made by an Administrator in another forum where I've commented in reply to someone else. I never once replied to Hughie.
As for some of the nonsense that you've posted in between, you're assuming certain things about me without actually knowing facts .. well who would ever have thought that could possibly come from a Copper eh?

The last part of your post is just arrogant copsplaining.
Last edited by Kittywake on Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

So be it, and I move on cheerfully //silent
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

All I can say to that is feel free to read my previous edits. :lol:
Last edited by Kittywake on Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.