The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by brian f »

Hughie,

Have seen the floods in Australia on the news today . Don't think it's that close to you? but keep safe and to all other members on the forum.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

We're about 500 miles south of those devastating floods in NSW and further North in Queensland. John Bone's (username "gnyaff" AKA Wee Boney) area in Deception Bay was reported to have had 200 mls in a short period, so I'm hoping he and the wee wuman have come through alright - but they're saying it's not over yet.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

I suppose the grass isn't always going to be greener on the other side.

Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Thinking ten years on and over 5,500 posts later, this topic needs a wee bit more input - what IS everyone doing this Easter Sunday. I’ve got lamb for dinner, we’ve had a long lie and the house is a chocolate free zone. Anyone been up Cannon Hill rolling eggs yet?
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Daylight saving just ended for us in eastern Australia with the exception of Queensland who don't participate - so we're well into Autumn and having magic weather over this long weekend. Our town is absolutely loaded with holidaymakers many of them not wishing to travel interstate in case they are caught in a lockdown.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Just watched the boat race, not the usual spectacle on the Thames but on a manmade section of the Great Ouse in Cambridgeshire. Cambridge won both races.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

We’ve just had a power cut half way through cooking dinner and everything has come back up except the oven :(
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Meg wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:44 am Thinking ten years on and over 5,500 posts later, this topic needs a wee bit more input - what IS everyone doing this Easter Sunday. I’ve got lamb for dinner, we’ve had a long lie and the house is a chocolate free zone. Anyone been up Cannon Hill rolling eggs yet?
Meg, Just curious why you dont treat yourself to an Easter egg.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Shifting the consequences of lockdown Brian. It’ll be summer soon and I’ve just tried on some of my summer clothes - oh dear :lol:

Did you have one?
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

No, H.H- Who is supposed to be on a diet is just about to tuck into large Lindt egg, i bet she does not leave me a bit. :roll:
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Meg wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:44 am Anyone been up Cannon Hill rolling eggs yet?
If I’d been in Ardrossan, I might have, because, unexpectedly, I had one to roll. A ten year old, whose family recently moved into the street, apparently having used his own savings, knocked on the doors of several ‘elderly’ neighbours on Saturday night and gifted each household a ‘big’ chocolate egg.

I was a wee bit miffed that the wife and I qualified on the basis of ‘auld age’, but suitably impressed with the young man's gesture!
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Penny Tray wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:24 pm
Meg wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:44 am Anyone been up Cannon Hill rolling eggs yet?
If I’d been in Ardrossan, I might have, because, unexpectedly, I had one to roll. A ten year old, whose family recently moved into the street, apparently having used his own savings, knocked on the doors of several ‘elderly’ neighbours on Saturday night and gifted each household a ‘big’ chocolate egg.

I was a wee bit miffed that the wife and I qualified on the basis of ‘auld age’, but suitably impressed with the young man's gesture!
That’s a lovely young man there - I can understand feeling miffed about being included in the “elderly” group - I tried to deliver a birthday present to my friend but she wasn’t in. Her neighbour told her later that an “auld woman” had been at her door. Hope you enjoyed the chocolate.