The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by Hughie »

Been checking the live webcam from Times Square during the pandemic. It was weird during the curfew with only police in sight. It's Friday evening now and I see Batman is on duty - can't see Robin. :puter :wink:

Oh! You have to watch it on the Youtube site. :roll:
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Wish we had a connection to oor Morag up there - miss her so much. She was always there to support and comment on things related to our three towns. And had a great love and knowledge of what went before in Stevenston. RIP Morag!
tapnagol
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by tapnagol »

There is a site on Facebook called " memories of Ardrossan ". I know that this may seem a little odd but, I applied to be included in the membership of this group. This was Months ago. I am continually informed that my membership is pending. Raising Lazarus would appear to be a simple task compared to contacting this group. Can anyone PLEASE HELP ?.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Tapnagol,

Do a search for David Brannigan on FB - he is listed as the Admin for that group.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Love the mask -Hughie :P :P
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

brian f wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:22 pm Love the mask -Hughie :P :P
Wife's pal makes them for one of our local shops, so she requested this one for me - I would have liked one with the image of a moothie across the front. :roll: Onyway, you can see I was concentrating on my smile. :wink:
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Gonna look for a bit of tartan and get my daughter to make me one I love it . Also Hughie thanks for putting that old reunion photo
in facebook and old neighbour who we practically grew up together in Busbie drive saw it and has been in touch with me Christine Mathieson live
in the next tenement sister was Celia Im sure you would remember the brothers it was such a blast from the past was thrilled to bits ..
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Glad that it was helpful, Sarah. I remember the name Mathieson, but I can't place them. In the next tenement to you I remember the Ballantynes and below them I remember a Wilson who had a movie projector in his hut and charged us a couple of coppers to see his cartoons - probably before TV came along. :roll:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Hughie wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:07 pm
brian f wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:22 pm Love the mask -Hughie :P :P
Wife's pal makes them for one of our local shops, so she requested this one for me - I would have liked one with the image of a moothie across the front. :roll: Onyway, you can see I was concentrating on my smile. :wink:
Hughie, if you start talking about fava beans and chianti I'm doing a runner :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Watching a live show tonight being streamed - and it’s Ed Byrne - one of my favourite comedians. Just remembered you like him too Bonzo - we were both at his show in the Pavilion last Feb. Tickets were £3.50 - makes a change from reruns of Eastenders :lol:

https://www.universe.com/events/just-th ... hell_event
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Meg wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:39 pm Watching a live show tonight being streamed - and it’s Ed Byrne - one of my favourite comedians. Just remembered you like him too Bonzo - we were both at his show in the Pavilion last Feb. Tickets were £3.50 - makes a change from reruns of Eastenders :lol:

https://www.universe.com/events/just-th ... hell_event
Cheers Meg, I'm out the back door putting a bike back together. I've watched loads of live streamed music, never thought of comedy. Will keep an eye out in future though.
Those wimin were in the nip.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Hughie wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:30 am Glad that it was helpful, Sarah. I remember the name Mathieson, but I can't place them.

We had a Billy Mathieson in our class at the Public School. 1953-59. He was one of 20 siblings!