The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by brian f »

Weebles Wobble but They Don't Fall Down

https://youtu.be/5oK-xl84JTA

Help starts at home.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

OK then
Not a chance on commenting in 21 words,
I watched a bit ,for about 30second I thought drugs, but then I thought they are not all
There are folk that have health issues , all have poverty problems some it is self inflicted(drugs) others employment or lack of it has created or escalated that problem
I did a small piece ( it was part of a few that were done for another forum and elsewhere) on similar adapted to the reader of listener

Looking at the girl back to camera early on there are folk milling about, they have problem diverse from the girl's but still connected
Up to where I stopped , (I will get back to it) no one is moved on, for the simple reason where to the problem is just been moved , it's not going away**
the costing will increase, and at present it's controlled or rather restricted
Consider the parallels with the Three Towns,

**And to go O/T that's what NAC are doing with hazardous waste at the new Ardrossan Academy site
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Meg wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:36 am Starting to take out the bedding plants that have finished flowering - and my spring bulbs were delivered yesterday ready for planting up. I know it’s not the middle of august yet, and we are promised another hot spell later on this month, but I always feel by August, autumn is knocking at the door - and the kids go back to school next week. Hate to say goodbye to summer - it’s definitely my favourite time of year…
I was trimming my pyracantus hedge yesterday and it is already full of red berries! At this rate it will be all over by December. Think I'll try and plant a holly bush.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Spring is here in Oz and the blackies are singing in the morning - it lifts your spirit to hear them on waking up. Didn't notice it was warmer today till the wife said, that we didn't have the heating on.

Hoping to be back in our men's kitchen next Wednesday - Get Bobby ready, Netta. Our Harmonica group is still not allowed along with a few other classes that breath out into the atmosphere such as zoomba and line-dancing at our neighbourhood house. Don't think we'll be allowed to entertain in the old folks homes for a while.

Jeezo! Might have to wait till I'm accepted as a resident. :puter
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Hoping to be back in our men's kitchen next Wednesday - Get Bobby ready, Netta. Our Harmonica group is still not allowed along with a few other classes that breath out into the atmosphere such as zoomba and line-dancing at our neighbourhood house. Don't think we'll be allowed to entertain in the old folks homes for a while.

Hugh, I am thinking you won’t be back next week. Hardly seems worth it for one day as school holidays start next Friday. But if you hear any different news that would be good.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

I think you might be right, Netta. Our grandkids in regional Victoria have now left school and those in inner Melbourne are home schooling as they are still in lockdown.

Just sitting here waiting for the big match coming on from Perth - Go Dees! Melbourne Football Club Aussie Rules - love it. This for a place in the grand final. They have already won the league - they call that the minor championship. The top eight play off to get to the grand final.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Big win to Melbourne F.C. into the grand final next Saturday in a fortnight to be played in Perth owing to Melbourne being in lockdown. What a team!

stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

Humaz Yousef is a diddy, sorry a complete diddy

I wonder if he had insurance?

https://twitter.com/HumzaYousaf/status/ ... 9614650372
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

stivis wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:03 am Humaz Yousef is a diddy, sorry a complete diddy

I wonder if he had insurance?

https://twitter.com/HumzaYousaf/status/ ... 9614650372
Maybe it was the work of a hitman hired by the little scholars nursery :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

It's not helped by his stupid comment
All for media scrutiny & never shy away from it. Just not sure there is need or purpose to tweet out a video of me falling over while injured. If anyone else had fallen over while on crutches, a knee scooter, or in a wheelchair would your first instinct be to film it & tweet out?
His serf is running along slightly behind him,carrying the crutches, He is so dense he is in a hospital or office using a scooter, which he should not be using within the building,(HSE and all that) plus he could have hurt someone
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

After a fall in the garden and injuring my leg I was prescribed 10 sessions of phisiotherapy. On the third visit, the young doctor, would say about 25, said to me 'Are you English?' No I said, 'Scottish'. " Oh!' he said, I LOVE Scotland. I would like to live there. I went there over two years ago looking for work but with Covid starting I had to come back to Italy. But I would LOVE to live there, I love EVERYTHING about Scotland. Edinburgh, the Castle, the food, even Haggis which I heard was not for me, but with mashed potatoes and Turnip, something you don't get in Italy, I loved it all. And the smoked salmon fresh from the river, and served with vegetables dipped in whisky...I'll never forget that. The scenery, the wool, couldn't afford a Pringles Cashmire but managed a Shetland pullover more as a souvenir. At the airport bought a bottle of Lagavulin whisky to take home but it was taken off me as I only had hand luggage. Thankfully they refunded my money at the Duty Free. Only downside was the journey back to Italy, Ryan Air was 2/1/2 hours late leaving Scotland, and we arrived home at three in the morning, and I had work the next day. But I must get back to see the Edinburgh Festival, I've heard so much about it"
It's a small world.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Ambivalence or Apathy? That is the question

Post by stivis »

Ambivalence and Apathy are both negative and positive words,
Are they then neutral?

https://archive.is/I8Gl6