Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Richard

Re: Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Post by Richard »

Yes, Brian, that's correct but at no point have I ever said that I'm against guns - never have been, never will be.
There is a MASSIVE difference between an officer of the law using firearms to control violent scum and
some brainless civilian running around the streets with an AK47, sub-machine gun, SA80 or any other such
weapon. If you read all of that topic you will see that I'm "pro" gun BUT only under certain strictly
controlled environments. Just to be clear, IMO, guns have their place and there are certain firearms that should
never be in public circulation. That topic was about gun control and I've never been against guns.
This topic is about one man's methods of dealing with violent and/or persistent offenders.
If we did the same then maybe my cousins youngest son would still be with us and, in turn, his son would get to
grow up with a dad ?
:wink:
Last edited by Richard on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I don't like guns, or knives..oh, wait, I don't like violence..
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

Would be interesting though to know how many inmates return or if the majority actually go back into society never to return!! marg
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

Sorry Morag - most of the dispossesion and ill treatment of American Indians took place after independence. BTW all US citizens in Australia are commonly known here in Oz amongst the lads as "Seppos" - A corruption of the rhyming slang "Septic tank" - " Yank". Wee Ali
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Wee Ali I don't think any of us can finger point when it comes to it, I doubt the Maoris, Indians, Africans, Chinese etc. were treated that well either, but I'm missing your point?
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

morag wrote:Wee Ali I don't think any of us can finger point when it comes to it, I doubt the Maoris, Indians, Africans, Chinese etc. were treated that well either, but I'm missing your point?
Misread your posts sorry Morag - thought you were blaming the Brits for pointing the gun at the American Indians.Wee Ali
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

You might want to whisper it but Joe Arpaio is standing for office again - at 87 years of age!

https://news.yahoo.com/i-plan-on-winnin ... 43017.html
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.