Your pictures of Scotland 8-15 October

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Your pictures of Scotland 8-15 October

Post by Meg »

brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Your pictures of Scotland 8-15 October

Post by brian f »

Just the ticket: "A passenger on a former Glasgow Corporation bus, restored and run by the Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust, on a shuttle service around Glasgow", says Stuart Neville of this eye-catching shot.

Can anybody tell me why the old Glasgow buses were Green , White and Gold ..
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

That was the colours of the old Glasgow Corporation Brian. Trams, street cars, underground carriages and buses were all painted those colours right back to the 1920s - and probably before.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Got engaged on one of those Glasgow Corporation buses on my way to my brother's house in Pollock. Was meant to put the ring on her finger there, but she kept on at me, so I slipped it on her finger as we past Ibrox stadium. Think I've finally trained her to stop keeping on :roll: I never mention the word - nagging. Ha haha.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Meg wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:41 pm That was the colours of the old Glasgow Corporation Brian. Trams, street cars, underground carriages and buses were all painted those colours right back to the 1920s - and probably before.
I'm sure I've read before the green middle bit used to be different colours to represent the route they took?
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

brian f wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:11 pm Just the ticket: "A passenger on a former Glasgow Corporation bus, restored and run by the Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust, on a shuttle service around Glasgow", says Stuart Neville of this eye-catching shot.

Can anybody tell me why the old Glasgow buses were Green , White and Gold ..
Meg wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:41 pm That was the colours of the old Glasgow Corporation Brian. Trams, street cars, underground carriages and buses were all painted those colours right back to the 1920s - and probably before.

Thanks, Meg - It must just be a coincidence that the Republic of Ireland flag is the same🇮🇪