arran this weekend

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

arran this weekend

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

everywhere will be quiet this easter weekend, but none more so than arran, usualy it would be chok o block and standing room only on the ferry, like most places there will be buisnesses that will never open up again , I remember my old cb pal that stayed in Brodick telling me if your planning a day trip to arran give the easter weekend a miss , so I hope when this is all over at least some of the businesses survive .
Brvhrtjimmy (James Barr)
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: arran this weekend

Post by Hughie »

Remember one year when back home we couldn't get to Arran. From what I remember the island was shut down for a "Wet Wet Wet" concert - a popular band at the time.

This was us back in 1963 hiking up goatfell and below that our last aborted attempt in 2007 when the clouds dropped when we got to the stream you can see up on the top right. Can't see anyone but hiking up there this year.

glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

brvhrtjimmy wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:25 pm everywhere will be quiet this easter weekend, but none more so than arran, usualy it would be chok o block and standing room only on the ferry, like most places there will be buisnesses that will never open up again , I remember my old cb pal that stayed in Brodick telling me if your planning a day trip to arran give the easter weekend a miss , so I hope when this is all over at least some of the businesses survive .
Brvhrtjimmy (James Barr)
Same over here James. But with the weather being so good, almost summerlike, I can't see the Italians not going to their holiday homes for the Easter Weekend. Although they have been warned that they will get heavily fined if caught. The police are out in full force to catch anyone who breaks the rules.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Good hiking gear in 1963 hughie?
Those wimin were in the nip.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Hughie wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:06 pm Remember one year when back home we couldn't get to Arran. From what I remember the island was shut down for a "Wet Wet Wet" concert - a popular band at the time.

Now it’s just Soaking wet, wet, wet 😄 although I must say it’s been dry around here for a few days now