Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by bonzo »

Going for mine on Sunday @ Kilwinning Academy.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:03 am Going for mine on Sunday @ Kilwinning Academy.
Nearly time for you to chill-out- Enjoy :lol:
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

For those of us in Australia - When are you eligible for your covid-vaccine?

See here: https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

brian f wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:20 pm
bonzo wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:03 am Going for mine on Sunday @ Kilwinning Academy.
Nearly time for you to chill-out- Enjoy :lol:
I read you came out relatively well bonzo :)
I had the AstraZeneca last week and had severe chills for 2 nights- The central heating was on but still had to go to bed with pyjamas and a dressing gown on :roll: also had bit of pain at the back of my head and feeling a bit sick. But that's the first one over and done, second jab in May.
These short term side effects are more than worth it, for the vaccine could potentially save your life. :D
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Sorry to hear that Brian, hope you're ok now? A mate of mine also had a bit of a fever for a couple of days. I've had a very slight sore head since last night but it's hee haw.
Those wimin were in the nip.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Both my wife and I had the AstraZeneca jab and we are pleased to say we had no side effects. I hope the second one goes as well. Sorry to hear about your side effects Brian but worth it if it gives protection against the invisible, silent enemy.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo, meekan- Thanks, A few Ibuprofen sorted it out.
I should have had the flu jab this year but I declined. Maybe that has side effects? Thanks to Covid, Flu disappeared this year.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Booked in for my flu jab next week as winter approaches. Then have to wait for a fortnight before they'd give me the covid jab. No recent local covid cases here in Oz. Overseas arrivals go straight into quarantine and some have turned out positive - so that seems to be working, fingers crossed.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Bob and I got our first Covid jag on Sat. So far so good. I was feeling cold on Sat night but that may have been because of a drop in temp in Victoria. 30 degrees on Thursday and snow in the Alps on Sunday.
Second jag end of June . Will get flu vaccine in Two weeks.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

George and I get our second jag this Wednesday - two weeks ahead of schedule. It’s the Pfizer variety glad to say, but I know this is the full dose - the first one is only 50% so maybe have some side effects.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

Meg wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:30 pm George and I get our second jag this Wednesday - two weeks ahead of schedule. It’s the Pfizer variety glad to say, but I know this is the full dose - the first one is only 50% so maybe have some side effects.
Meg, I'm a wee bit curious here as to why you're glad to be getting the Pfizer variety for your 2nd jag.?

I had my first jag around 5 or 6 weeks ago and just like many hundreds of thousands of other's I got the AstraZeneca variety. Is there something you maybe know re. both variety's that other members of the public might not be aware of.?

:puter
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Kittywake wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:22 pm
Meg wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:30 pm George and I get our second jag this Wednesday - two weeks ahead of schedule. It’s the Pfizer variety glad to say, but I know this is the full dose - the first one is only 50% so maybe have some side effects.
Meg, I'm a wee bit curious here as to why you're glad to be getting the Pfizer variety for your 2nd jag.?

I had my first jag around 5 or 6 weeks ago and just like many hundreds of thousands of other's I got the AstraZeneca variety. Is there something you maybe know re. both variety's that other members of the public might not be aware of.?

:puter
No, we got the Pfizer first time round so that’s why it’s Pfizer second time - no choice btw - just got what we were given.