Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by brian f »

It is rather confusing...What the Germans are implying

The EU should consider legal means and even block exports if it does not receive the vaccine doses promised by drug companies including AstraZeneca, the president of the European Council has said.

Sky news
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

George and I both got our vaccine at the citadel in Ayr on Saturday. In and out in 20 mins including the 15 min sit down afterwards. We got the Pfizer jag - seemingly the weapon of choice if you’re in one of the big vax centres. Anyone else been yet?
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

That's good Meg. We've not been yet but I know a few folk who have. Seems to be ramping up now 50 odd thousand done yesterday.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

I passed the vaccination centre at Kilwinning academy yesterday. Seemed to be going like a fair -car park was busy!

Schedule for the rest of the week for North Ayrshire is https://www.nhsaaa.net/media/10247/2021 ... re-feb.pdf
Other areas on https://www.nhsaaa.net/coronavirus-covi ... ointments/
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

I got the Pfizer vaccine last Thursday in a local Sports Centre. Arrived at the appointed time, taken right away, advised to sit for 15 minutes thereafter, and away. No ill effects.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

I got the Oxford Astra Zenica this morning, no choice just take what you get
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

I have to wait for a wee while yet. I'm not old enough. :smt102
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Can anybody see a light at the end of a tunnel ? Don't think it will be back to normal for quite a while if ever..but fingers x
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

brian f wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:01 pm Can anybody see a light at the end of a tunnel ? Don't think it will be back to normal for quite a while if ever..but fingers x
We won’t know our details until tomorrow Brian - Johnson was talking about England only. I think the other 3 devolved nations will caw a bit more canny - hopefully.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Started vaccinations in Australia yesterday. We should get ours in the next six weeks - no infections near us. For some time now overseas arrivals have to go into hotel quarantine for 14 days. It's leaked from there a couple of times but seemingly has been quickly brought under control.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Hughie wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:37 pm Started vaccinations in Australia yesterday. We should get ours in the next six weeks - no infections near us. For some time now overseas arrivals have to go into hotel quarantine for 14 days. It's leaked from there a couple of times but seemingly has been quickly brought under control.
Scotland is trying to achieve this, but all that’s happening is people are flying into English airports then travelling north. We are fighting a virus and a government - :(
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Meg wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:46 pm George and I both got our vaccine at the citadel in Ayr on Saturday. In and out in 20 mins including the 15 min sit down afterwards. We got the Pfizer jag - seemingly the weapon of choice if you’re in one of the big vax centres. Anyone else been yet?

Going to Superdrug Tuesday afternoon for the wee jab.

Superdrug Stores plc (trading as Superdrug) is a health and beauty retailer in the United Kingdom, and the second largest behind Boots UK.
Wikipedia