Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by bobnetau »

Due to get our 2nd jab last week in June. Hope we are as lucky with that one as we were with the first.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Had my second jab of AstraZeneca yesterday. So I've got my Covid-19 digital certificate on my iPhone now.
Had it done in my doctor's surgery. They gave me a print-out of all my vaccines for the last sixteen years.
I'm a believer. :roll:
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Anybody heard anything about when they’ll get their booster? Our friend’s mother is 89 and she’s had her letter inviting her to go to the surgery for her flu and booster vaccinations.

Meg
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Meg, I think you've got to wait at least 24 weeks from your 2nd dose of the vaccine.
I downloaded the covid passport tonight no hassles at all.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:35 pm Meg, I think you've got to wait at least 24 weeks from your 2nd dose of the vaccine.
Yes, that’s what I read - our 2nd dose was 21 April so hopefully end of October. Good news about your vaccine passport - typical BBC reporting - Scot Gov baaaaaad.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Meg wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:52 am
bonzo wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:35 pm Meg, I think you've got to wait at least 24 weeks from your 2nd dose of the vaccine.
Yes, that’s what I read - our 2nd dose was 21 April so hopefully end of October. Good news about your vaccine passport - typical BBC reporting - Scot Gov baaaaaad.
Bobby and I got ours a few weeks ago at 5 months. I heard a GP on radio saying she was advising her patients to get it earlier so I went to clinic where we had our 2nd jab and they agreed to do it. As of beginning of Jan it will be brought to 4 months after 2nd jab
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

2 positive LFTs for me today, will do pcr tomorrow but looking like 10 days in the cooler.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo- I have no doubt mrs b has provided you with baseball glove and a ball.. ⚾Seriously i wish you well.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:48 pm bonzo- I have no doubt mrs b has provided you with baseball glove and a ball.. ⚾Seriously i wish you well.
Cheers Brian, I really feel ok maybe like a bit of a head cold, I've felt like that from the bells. Only took a test this morning as I was going to visit my faither. Mrs B has the same symptoms but her LFTs have been negative.
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

Fingers crossed, Bonzo.
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:42 pm 2 positive LFTs for me today, will do pcr tomorrow but looking like 10 days in the cooler.
Oh no Bonzo - but not as scary as maybe being positive this time last year. Hopefully just a relaxing 10 days huckled in the garage - I trust you’ve enough bread and mixers to last you.

Are you isolating from Mrs B?

Meg
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Cheers Irene, cheers Meg. We are keeping apart, I've got the upstairs and she's got the downstairs with bottles of anti bacterial stuff all over the hoose. Although Mrs B s LFTs have been negative she has the same symptoms as me so we'll both be surprised if she passes the PCR.