Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by Hughie »

Got woke this morning while in our bunks at 5.30 am enroute between Melbourne and Tasmania by the captain on the Sea Princess. Princess Cruises is suspending all operations for two months. So instead of continuing around Australia for our 56th Anniversary we will be heading back to Sydney where we started after we visit Burnie and Hobart.

Can't fault Princess on this, they have been very transparent and there has been no sign of the virus on board or even anyone wearing a mask, crew or passengers.

About to dock at Burnie. Must make the most of the next few days - we were expecting to party till the 7th of April. :roll:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

That's a sin for Hughie and Betty. A couple of folk who like to enjoy life to the max. Rebook for another trip later Hughie.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

brian f wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:55 pm That's a sin for Hughie and Betty. A couple of folk who like to enjoy life to the max. Rebook for another trip later Hughie.
Sadly brianf, due to this virus there's a lot of folk who no longer have a life at all never mind enjoying a luxury cruise.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

I would have no doubt Hughie would have booked this cruise months ago before the virus was known. A couple of years ago a member canfactory posted that he is attending numerous funerals of friends he knew, and to tell you the truth it could be you or me next. Enjoy life :D
Last edited by brian f on Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Mikel Arteta , Arsenal manager has tested positive for coronavirus. Cannot for the life of me seeing these games played. Just call it off.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

brian f wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:11 pm A couple of years ago a member canfactory posted that he is attending numerous funerals of friends he knew. :D
For as long as we're alive, the older we get we'll all do this. :)
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

The professionals in the field are saying in the uk it will peak in 10-14 wks, & from now,if you show any signs of fever to stay indoors for 7 days. And if it it gets worse after a few days call 111. If it’s positive, most people will recover, & just hope you don’t end up in hospital.
A lot of ifs I know
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Grand Prix in Melbourne got cancelled to day, lot of folks disappointed ..
People still hoarded their toilet rolls ??
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Think the panic is over for toilet roll, Sarah. There were a few packs on shelves yesterday and today.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Not in London - Waitrose is empty! My sister-in-law lives there and says the shelves are all empty. Asda Ardrossan is sold out too. Hughie, I heard either Boris Johnson or Trump yesterday saying that elderly people should avoid going on cruises. Must say when I read that you were about to leave I was a wee bit worried. It's all the Princess liners that are having problems. Hope all goes well.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Just got word that in our village two elderly people with underlying health issues have passed away from Coronavirus disease. God Bless their souls.
All the more reason to stay indoors.

On the positive side,coming from China there seems to be a viral drug, used normally in rheumatoide athritis, that is effective in curing this illness. It has been used on two patients in Naples and has had positive effects. Fingers crossed.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I popped into Tesco for a couple of things on the way hame from work it's laughable. No soap, no toilet roll, no pasta. This got me wondering what the hell are they making for dinner //funny
Those wimin were in the nip.