Doom and Gloom

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Doom and Gloom

Post by John Donnelly »

Hi Meekan.

We are probably at less risk here than you are .
We have many huge pumping houses behind the coastal sea-defenses up and down the coast that have a capacity of pumping out many full olympic swimming baths per second into the sea.
JD.
phands
Settling In
Settling In

Post by phands »

Going back to the original post, I saw this from the A&S Herald just last December. It's a map what what will happen to the 3 towns if sea levels rise. Pretty scary stuff....all 3 towns get hit hard, but the larger map shows Irvine gets almost obliterated.

https://www.ardrossanherald.com/news/18 ... -revealed/

I posted the link, not the picture, to avoid possible copyright issues.

Paul
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Very interesting Paul. Well as we have 30 years before D-Day, why doesn't the Government start preparing coastal dams like the ones in Amsterdam? But now that GB is no longer in the European Union and will not receive Financial help for such projects, I suppose little can be done except sell up! This is what Italy has been preparing for the past 20 years, who knows if it will be effective or not.https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... am+venezia
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Sad to think that just 20 years ago Julio Iglesias was able to organise a wonderful concert in St. Marks Square, Venice, for thousands of fans. With the flooding of the city every few months now I don't think it would be wise for anyone to organise concerts again in this beautiful city. He even changed the words of the song from Manuela to Venezia! Very sad.