Progress

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Progress

Post by glenshena »

Now that the 'flu season is here, just thinking that using cash machines and pushing trolleys in supermarkets could be a way of catching bacteria these days. When withdrawing cash, how many fingers in a day are pushing buttons and pushing trolleys? Do these screens ever get cleaned? Even our local MacDonalds now has touch screen for ordering food, how many fingers are touching these screens? I keep a pack of wipes in my car as I don't always remember to wash my hands when I get home. :cry:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Progress

Post by brian f »

I often come across Chinese students wearing face masks. What do They know that we don't. Check out mummies and daddies Gas masks //funny
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Twice in a month, the last episode being yesterday, foreign tourists using their rented car navigation systems or TomToms, have found themselves literally stuck on decending village mule tracks, going down steps and unable to go forwards or backwards, inevitably damaging their cars. The fire brigade has been called out both times to tow them back up to the main roads. Something that has never happened before in the history of the towns involved. The villages are now obliged to make these tracks pedestrian access only to avoid this happening again. Even on the main roads we find 7 meter long lorries trying to manipulate tight bends due to errors of the navigating system, and blocking other traffic for hours.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

When will Electric cars be cheaper to buy than fossil-fuelled cars? Surely that has to be Progress.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Drones. In Idlib, Siria,if you go outside your home, and are seen by a drone, you will be automatically bombed. To think that four young children went outside to play at their home yesterday, and a drone saw them and subsequently a bomb arrived and they were killed. 70 hospitals destroyed. How can Assad and Russia get away with this carnage?
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Just partecipated at a dear friends funeral 'On Line', my second in 3 months. The first one was in Kilmarnock, today was North England. These of course are Funeral Parlours and not churches. That we can 'Log In' to the ongoing ceremony even though we are living thousands of miles away is really quite astonishing and gratifying. Also for the families who are not able to have their friends or relations with them due to the current regulations. Thanks to the progress of the Internet we can still be close to our friends when we are most needed.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

brian f wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:45 pm I often come across Chinese students wearing face masks. What do They know that we don't. Check out mummies and daddies Gas masks //funny
Brian you wrote this in January before Covid became known to the world. To me the Chinese students knew about the disease already and were protecting themselves.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I think it is common practice in countries like Japan and China to wear masks they've been doing it for years.
Those wimin were in the nip.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

glenshena wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:20 pm
brian f wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:45 pm I often come across Chinese students wearing face masks. What do They know that we don't. Check out mummies and daddies Gas masks //funny
Brian you wrote this in January before Covid became known to the world. To me the Chinese students knew about the disease already and were protecting themselves.
Glenshena,
I've a notion you have been reading too many conspiracy theories.
If Chinese students already knew about the Corona virus, the whole world would have known too.
Japanese and Chinese people in general wear masks almost all of the time.
Some years ago, I took a short cruise round the North Cape of Norway, the northern-most point of mainland Europe to Kirkeness in Finland. There were a great many Japanese and Chinese tourists on board who, to the great amusement of the European passengers, wore masks the whole time, while they were in the cleanest air on the planet.

JD.