An evening walk in Edinburgh.

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

An evening walk in Edinburgh.

Post by bonzo »

Found this video today. Thought some of the expats would enjoy.

[4K] EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND - Town Centre Evening Wa…:
Those wimin were in the nip.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: An evening walk in Edinburgh.

Post by glenshena »

I don't know much about Edinburgh, just the castle, airport and Main street. This video shows places that I've never been too. I felt it to be a very cold place, so many black soot covered buildings, perhaps because it has been filmed in the winter and towards the evening, but Glasgow to me has more appeal, a much warmer, busier place. Or perhaps it's because I go there more frequently and know it well. Maybe to go to Edinburgh on a tourist route during the day would be more convincing. Anyway, well done for showing it Bonzo. Thanks from an expat.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Loved seeing Edinburgh. Went there every year with my parents for our summer holidays. Didn’t recognise any street but it made me wish for one more trip home. Thank you.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bobnetau wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:19 am Loved seeing Edinburgh. Went there every year with my parents for our summer holidays. Didn’t recognise any street but it made me wish for one more trip home. Thank you.
Would be great to see you and Bobby, Netta. George has delayed his retirement date by another 2 years, so our trip to Oz has been delayed yet again :(

Mxx
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

The walk in this video takes you from Waverly station (main train station), up the hill at Cockburn st onto the royal mile. Then turning right and up towards the castle then left down Victoria St into the Grassmarket.
Glenshena it's funny you say Edinburgh is a cold place and Glasgow is warmer as Mrs B says the opposite.
We will be in Edinburgh next weekend always look forward to a wee trip to Auld Reekie.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

My niece born in England, last year went to Edinburgh to teach, she loves it and so does my daughter who claims one day to settle in Reekie.

But my auld man an old fashioned Glaswegian will never say a guid word about the place :roll:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Always said, still do, Edinburgh maybe the Capitol (head), but Glesca's the heart!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Meg wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:23 pm
bobnetau wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:19 am Loved seeing Edinburgh. Went there every year with my parents for our summer holidays. Didn’t recognise any street but it made me wish for one more trip home. Thank you.
Would be great to see you and Bobby, Netta. George has delayed his retirement date by another 2 years, so our trip to Oz has been delayed yet again :(

Mxx
Not sure it will happen, Meg, but can always dream😉
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

morag wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:51 pm Always said, still do, Edinburgh maybe the Capitol (head), but Glesca's the heart!
Ocht morag, glesga is a crackin night oot .....but embra is better :D
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Lying on my desk under my computer is a large jigsaw puzzle of Edinburgh Castle Military Tattoo which I finished three weeks ago. It's under glass along with all my scottish postcards showing Robbie Burns cottage and poems. Tried to send a foto by mail but am not able.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

bonzo wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:10 am
morag wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:51 pm Always said, still do, Edinburgh maybe the Capitol (head), but Glesca's the heart!
Glesga, och, come in sit doon , oot come the cakes and samiches, Edinburgh, 'ye'll have had yer tea?' I don't know about nights out, a rarity, maybe a concert local or Glasgow, relying on local transport. Up for work or school by Monday. Edinburgh was a day visiting, Glasgow a day shopping, meeting, making pals.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

morag wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:49 pm
bonzo wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:10 am
Glesga, och, come in sit doon , oot come the cakes and samiches, Edinburgh, 'ye'll have had yer tea?'
:lol: :lol: :lol: