Hypocritical China

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Hypocritical China

Post by Jim McCreadie »

This story really yanked my chain!
China claims Swedish Police "violated the basic human rights of three Chinese citizens", who were denied access at a Stockholm hostel because they arrived many hours before check-in time. As one of the three became disruptive, Police were called to remove them. It is claimed Police, "beat" the elderly couple. In line with usual practice, Police drove the three to a train station, adjacent to a cemetery, about 8 kilometres from the city centre. The cemetery featured strongly in the Chinese story but not a word about the adjacent train station. China issued a stern travel warning to would-be visitors claiming Swedish Police "brutally abused" and "violated the basic human rights of the Chinese citizens".
Really?
1. On 3-4 June 1989, Chinese troops armed with automatic weapons fired on protestors at Tianemen Square. The Chinese Red Cross, NOT Western media, estimated 2,700 civilians killed. Protestors were calling for increased human rights!
2. China refuses to arbitrate their contested South Sea claims and rejects the decision of an internationally recognised authority (they refuse to recognise), which ruled against those claims,
3. Several Hong Kong book sellers who have "disappeared" in recent years,
4. Ethnic Uigars.
The list goes on!

Old Western Proverb: "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

Opinions, for and against, most welcome. I am not trolling.
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Hypocritical China

Post by michaelm »

Hard to argue there Jim McCreadie. Hypocrite's of the highest order indeed.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Jim, The Chinese can do want they want just as the Yanks do regarding Guantanamo. Donald's Trumps recent sanctions regarding Chinese Steel and buying Warplanes from the Russians( if you believe that) will have no effect .

We had our turn as a Superpower, And i believe many Western pupils will start learning- Standard Mandarin....
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Once upon a time GB was a superpower now a small island with no clout between the north Sea and the Atlantic ocean. I'm probably opening the can again (sorry) but why is British independence good but Scottish independence is bad?
Those wimin were in the nip.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

bonzo wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:16 pm Once upon a time GB was a superpower now a small island with no clout between the north Sea and the Atlantic ocean. I'm probably opening the can again (sorry) but why is British independence good but Scottish independence is bad?
Pretty sure, four yrs ago near enough to the day, that we all voted on wether Scotland should be independent & the outcome was no.
Why has this thread went from china’s dastardly deeds to independence for Scotland (or Alba as the yessers have suddenly started to take to their heart :D )?
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Sometimes that's how threads go, my apologies for going off topic just how I was reading it.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

In addition to building artificial "islands" atop reefs to strengthen their claims to territorial waters in the South China Sea, China is now throwing around their weight in Papua New Guinea (PNG). Four officials from the Chinese delegation to APEC 2018 barged into the PNG Foreign Minister's office when their request for a meeting was refused by the PNG Minister. Prior to the meeting getting underway, ALL reporters including PNG's own, were barred by China. The sole group of reporters allowed to remain were those associated with the Chinese delegation.

China has loaned billions of $ at low interest rates to Pacific island nations and others with a coastline in the Indian Ocean. However, when settlement comes due and small nations cannot meet their debt; BEWARE! China WILL be repayed probably by taking control of ports, airports and other infrastructure to further it's political and military reach in the region.

I am genuinely concerned about the future with a belligerent and demanding nation in our region. Remember Germany's lead-up to the Second World War!!
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: Hypocritical China - AT IT AGAIN!

Post by Jim McCreadie »

The current furore in Hong Kong originally related solely to HK’s controversial extradition treaty with China.
QUESTION: How can China with it’s much-vaunted “one country, two systems” policy, have an extradition policy with itself?

The extradition issue then morphed into democracy protests which, despite China’s claims to the contrary, most likely had nothing to do with the West. In Australia, the Chinese Ambassador denounced the HK protesters' actions as "radical, violent and illegal" and said they were determined to undermine its "one country, two systems" arrangement.
"Their behaviours have grossly trampled on the rule of law and social order in Hong Kong, seriously threatened the local residents' life and safety, severely jeopardised Hong Kong's prosperity and stability," he said. “No responsible government would sit idly by." He added that the unfolding situation was "solely the internal affairs of China" and warned foreign governments, including Australia's, to not support Hong Kong's protesters or interfere.

Australia has already witnessed violence, albeit small scale, perpetrated solely by Chinese, on our streets and at Universities and their Ambassador “warns” us!!! Am I concerned about Chinese intentions in my part of the world? You bet I am!
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Jim McCreadie wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:39 am Australia has already witnessed violence, albeit small scale, perpetrated solely by Chinese, on our streets and at Universities and their Ambassador “warns” us!!! Am I concerned about Chinese intentions in my part of the world? You bet I am!

by Jim McCreadie » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:46 pm
Jim, in the light of the coronovirus epedemic, I would like to know your views NOW on China and their responsabilities. After this catastophe I think it's time we all got worried about the Chinese wanting to conquer the world. Trump suggests that people were sent out purposely from Wuhan to infect the world and thinks that they have infiltrated European and American countries to spy on our industrial businesses. In fact Chinese businesses are appearing more and more often in our area. Mostly they have no knowledge of our languages and are very abrubt towards us. As you say its a rich country and they are willing to lend money so that they can take over businesses when the borrowers can't pay back the loans. Just the fact that they will not liberate Hong Kong is worrying. It is still very much a communist country, no sign of democracy anywhere.
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

Further to my caution over Chinese intentions. A recently leaked World Health Organisation (WHO) report reveals China delayed, for two weeks, releasing key COVID-19 data which could have saved thousands. The WHO publicly praised China's cooperation at the time, but the praise was an attempt to garner more information.

I will NEVER trust China! It’s not the Chinese people but COMMUNIST China!
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

brian f wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:44 pm Jim, The Chinese can do want they want just as the Yanks do regarding Guantanamo. Donald's Trumps recent sanctions regarding Chinese Steel and buying Warplanes from the Russians( if you believe that) will have no effect .

We had our turn as a Superpower, And i believe many Western pupils will start learning- Standard Mandarin....
Correct

To vilify China, and leave the the USA alone regarding Human Rights, is absurd,
China has evolved since the days of Mao while Mao was extreme he was also known as a political intellect, theorist, military strategist, poet, and visionary., after his death China had to evolve further at some point China saw that it could conquer the world through trade, it's not there yet. it still has a long way to go...consider acupuncture 25,000 years ago Sun Tsu wrote in 500 BC....
Amnesty International has host of countries who breach human rights, in 2017 the USA was Number one with a bullet
The criteria of the figure is more variable than one would expect'

If I were to say Israel breaches the rights of people who live in Palestine, am I right /wrong or just anti-semitic?

Some countries CAN'T have any criticism, the UN was supposed to be a platform to debate and sort stuff out , It's really a failure, It's based in the Good ol US,
You used to see the White Helmeted UN Forces, they have been replaced with the US military contractors, who according to openDemocracy are leaders in Civilian deaths
Incidenty London is the go to place to organise this kind of thing, G4S is of course a UK company and got a $118 million contract to supply Guantánamo Bay,
It also works for the Israeli military in the Occupied Palestinian Territories
It is grossly unfair to single out China without looking at the full picture, that is not an excuse for China.It's simply putting it into context.
Until the World Gets a grip, and holds all countries to account
US. President Donald J. ... Venezuela. Feb 12, 2018: Venezuelans honor those killed during recent protests. ... Yemen. ... Israel... Turkey. ...
Syria. ... Russia. ... Saudi Arabia. ... Myanmar. and the good old UK etc etc etc
The world leaders tend to both Psychopaths and Sociopaths
Psychopaths tend to be more manipulative, can be seen by others as more charming, lead a semblance of a normal life, and minimize risk in criminal activities. Sociopaths tend to be more erratic, rage-prone, and unable to lead as much of a normal life.

Throw a bit of Narcissism into the equation ...and welcome to early June 2020
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

stivis wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:32 pm Throw a bit of Narcissism into the equation ...and welcome to early June 2020
But things are getting better Stivis - Johnson is taking full control of the management of the Corona virus as of tomorrow - so we are all fine now (wth has he being doing for the last three months - well no, don’t bother answering).