Your Favourite Scottish music on Youtube

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Your Favourite Scottish music on Youtube

Post by michaelm »

creamolafoam wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:40 pm In memory of Alan Longmuir who passed away today 2/7/18. Read they sold over 120 million records worldwide, & remember they are only one of a few Scottish bands who made it big in the USA. Never a fan myself, wife was, but in the 70s they were one of the most recognisable boy bands in the uk if not the world.
Yip, they were hugely popular in those days creamolafoam. Kinda like a Scottish/British version of the Monkee's.
RIP Alan.

bonzo wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:42 pm Even though I was only 8/9 at the height of the rollers I had all the gear (courtesy of Saltcoats market) I think my maw was more of a fan than me and dressed me up :lol: . Did any members attend the gig at Ardeer community centre in 1974? I was to young :(
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JMRkAUFMnAyXTCjb7
Bonzo, I was there at a packed Ardeer Hall's Community Centre, Stevenston, in Feb 74.
They were just about to hit the big time and appeared on TOTP the following week singing 'Remember' - their first real hit I think after some minor success earlier with another track, 'Keep on Dancing'. Pretty sure I wore a Wrangler denim jacket with some tartan cloth sown into the back of it. :lol:

'Rollermania' at it's height. :lol:

bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Fantastic Michael, probably wish I'd been there.
Those wimin were in the nip.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I'm on a roll the night

michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

bonzo wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:13 pm Fantastic Michael, probably wish I'd been there.
Aye, I wasn't really the Roller's biggest fan either bonzo - their music was a bit too teeny-boppy sounding for my liking - but they definitly had the Ardeer Halls 'rocking' that night.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I've been watching rip it up the history of Scottish pop on the BBC. There was a section about the beatstalkers a 60s Glasgow band who apparently were bigger than the Beatles in Scotland. I for one had never heard of them but I will be looking into buying some stuff soon. Maybe a member or 2 will have some memories of them.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:46 am I've been watching rip it up the history of Scottish pop on the BBC. There was a section about the beatstalkers a 60s Glasgow band who apparently were bigger than the Beatles in Scotland. I for one had never heard of them but I will be looking into buying some stuff soon. Maybe a member or 2 will have some memories of them.

This is a very distant memory Bonzo, but I think the Beatstalkers were a support act for Peter and Gordon at the first Radio Scotland Clan Ball at the Castle Craigs in Ardrossan about 1967 - my mum told me about it :lol:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Cheers Meg, I've found out a bit about them and ordered a cd (the Internet is a wonderful thing).
https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/hist ... s-14497486
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:05 pm Cheers Meg, I've found out a bit about them and ordered a cd (the Internet is a wonderful thing).
Look forward to a review!

Did I ever tell you I saw the Beatles........
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Meg wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:36 pm
bonzo wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:05 pm Cheers Meg, I've found out a bit about them and ordered a cd (the Internet is a wonderful thing).
Look forward to a review!

Did I ever tell you I saw the Beatles........
Pray tell Meg.... Never a fan but there are some crackin songs fae the fab 4, always tried tae be a bit mare underground but I'm learning :lol:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

After 45 years runrig come to an end this weekend with 2 farewell gigs at Stirling Castle. Tickets went in the blink of an eye.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »