Winton Foundry Photo-Hughie

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
abla43
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Winton Foundry Photo-Hughie

Post by abla43 »

Hughie, I've got a copy of a fotie somewhere in the house that I think Ian Yuille must have given me some time ago. It's a group of founrdry guys on the railway banking with Dalry Rd in the background. I can readily identify you with Ian's dad Jackie just behind you, but no more. On saying that there is a guy in the left foreground who might be Billy Stevenson. Unfortunately, even if I could readily find the pic I'd have no clue how to scan and send it, so I,m hoping that Ian got it from 3Ts and that you will be able to find it. I'm connected to the Yuilles, having married wee Jean, and would very much appreciate any info at all you could give us about the foundry. Thanks in anticipation, Alex
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Winton Foundry Photo-Hughie

Post by Hughie »

Hi Alex, Just about to head out the door to pick up Bobby McCubbin - today we have our men's kitchen thingie.
See this topic about the foundry.
Say hi to Jean, used to dance her at the Craigs and of course I knew all the Yuilles. It was a sad day for me the day I heard that her brother Archie had died. Some great memories at the foundry with Ronnie, Archie and Ian and their fathers. I visited Ronnie in 2009 in your old street.