Poll - Does Scotland really want to go it alone?

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines

Do you think Scotland should separate from Britain?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Yes, I'd like to see Scotland separate from Britain.
52%
No, I'd like to see Scotland stay part of Britain.
42%
Undecided but realise I can change my vote within the next 90 days. Depends on the debate - come on convince me.
6%

Total votes: 93

Richard

Re: Poll - Does Scotland really want to go it alone?

Post by Richard »

Here is another unionist, caught squirming whilst being asked a question.
This time it's Ruth Davidson, Westminsters Tory leader in Scotland.
She's not even singing from the same hymn sheet as her master.
What makes her an even bigger joke is that, during a recent Tory party election broadcast,
she could only talk of Tory "success", from a local (council) perspective. I wonder why :roll:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ruth, take this message back to your master: Every time you, or one of your padded cell cases,
attempt to threaten Scotland and/or her people...It will backfire on you's BIG style.
Although, after his recent threatening blunder, I'm sure your master is well aware of this
message. Stop insulting our intelligence. You's are despised in Scotland.
What England votes, Scotland gets. Only Independence can change that.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

>What England votes, Scotland gets. Only Independence can change that.<

Years of labour neglect and mismanagement, nepotism and trough feeding...Scottish voters can only blame themselves.. :(
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Richard

Post by Richard »

johnnicholson:
I have family all over England, from Portsmouth, Colchester, Corby, Ipswich and one or two further north.
And most of them have also readily accepted that they really have no right to vote on Scotland's future.
Just for the basic fact that they all chose to leave Scotland in the 1970', they have made England their
home, built families there and have no intentions of coming back home.
Another twist in that tale is, they all come from staunch labour stock, I'm talking of the Lanarkshire
Miners variety, where to mention ANY other political party in the household was treated as a crime
far worse than blasphemy and that is NOT an exaggeration. NONE of them now vote labour and most
of them haven't for some time now.
:D
BiNGO, Morag.
:D
SolcotsSue

Post by SolcotsSue »

Seen that one too Richard.

Since the issue of Independence in January, the media has went crazy and so anti-independence not for the right reasons but to cause friction and make out Scotland and it's people are incapable, unrealistic, and too patriotic etc, etc, etc. Can't explain, just read around the internet.

These are quotes from another website source, but I too didn't realise this. Did you Know? will only quote a couple.

Q. Did you know who paid for the London underground's 10 billion pound make over for the Olympics?

A. The taxpayer, yes the Scottish taxpayer too. They told us it would benefit Scotland!

Q. Who paid for the upgrade of Wembley?
A. The taxpayer, again we paid a share in that upgrade.

Q. Who paid for the upgrade of Hampden?
A. The Scottish taxpayer alone were left to foot the bill.

Q. Who paid for the upgrade of the M25?

A. The taxpayer, including the Scots.

Q. Who paid for the extension of the M74

A. The Scottish taxpayer alone had to foot the bill. Find the money from the 'pocket money'
from Westminster.
SolcotsSue

Post by SolcotsSue »

One last post for tonight and then off to bed...

For those who may not know the difference between what's UK, GB & England. (Nothing against my neighbours)

Watch Here

A lot of too fast talking on it, but cannot be slowed down. Listen very carefully or replay. :lol:
Richard

Post by Richard »

Refuting The Unionist Lies:
Richard

Post by Richard »

Even if you don't agree with the message in this link, I think you will agree that a lot of the "shots" are
stunning.
TiP: You might want to turn your sound way down, as I found the music distracting and completely out
of place.
:D Enjoy :D
Independence From A Scottish Perspective 2014.
jimmcisaac
Settling In
Settling In

Post by jimmcisaac »

As one of the "expats", i stand back and watch this with interest. If independence is gained how far will it go. Border controls, passports, will "Lizzie" stil be Queen or is there a "Bruce" or "Stewart" lurking in the background.
If the Union of the Parliaments is dissolved, will the Union of the Crowns follow. Will we see a herd of "expats" leaving the houses of parliament and taking the "high" road back North. "Wee Eck" wants Scotland to be nuke free, where will the costs of defence be raised from, perhaps a few warships and aircraft etc.. could be purchased in exchange for water.
As I said I watch with interest and will withhold my vote until the retoric ceases and the facts become clear.
In one of Terry Prachets discworld novels there is an ancient curse, "May you live in interesting times!"
SolcotsSue

Post by SolcotsSue »

jimmcisaac wrote: If the Union of the Parliaments is dissolved, will the Union of the Crowns follow. Will we see a herd of "expats" leaving the houses of parliament and taking the "high" road back North. "Wee Eck" wants Scotland to be nuke free, where will the costs of defence be raised from, perhaps a few warships and aircraft etc.. could be purchased in exchange for water.
If I remember correctly, Alex Salmond said that we would keep the Queen. It's the Treaty of the Union 1707 & not the Union of the Crown 1603 that's being dissolved.

I remember he mentioned too our borders would be like that to Ireland. These are proposals, but I think the SNP know what they want and have set it out, but any difficulties will come from Westminster if Scotland becomes Independent and getting back our assets, oil, and whatever the deal may be.

The Campaign for Independence doesn't start until May but you can have your say before then as a website has been set up.

Scotreferendum

This is an interesting article too, regarding our Defence. Read here
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

jimmcisaac wrote:As one of the "expats", i stand back and watch this with interest. If independence is gained how far will it go. Border controls, passports, will "Lizzie" stil be Queen or is there a "Bruce" or "Stewart" lurking in the background.
Jim,

here is a wee spoof I wrote back in 1997 for an ex-pat magazine here in NL.

The King over the water.
It is official. Now that Scottish independence is at hand, (you didn’t really think I would let a chance like this go past without mentioning it), the Scots are having to consider who is going to be their new Sovereign. Geneologically, the Pretender to the Stuart throne is over the water all right, but it is the North Sea, not the English Channel he will have to cross. He is Duke Franz of Bavaria. As far as I understand, Alex Salmon has not yet been in contact with the Pretender, though I am led to believe diplomatic feelers are being put out. Like our own Royals, he is a keen hunter. I did hear an apocryphal tale that Duke Franz, on a recent visit to Perthshire, was overheard upbraiding a recalcitrant, anti-blood-sport gamekeeper by saying, “Ve haff veys off making you stalk.” The Scots may yet decide to remain in the Union. We will keep you appraised of developments.

JD.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Refuting The Unionist Lies:
Incomer
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Incomer »

Sadly, even if Scotland does vote for leaving the union (assuming that to be an option on the ballot paper), the terms of that split will be determined and regulated by the politicians and Civil Service mandarins in Whitehall.
Does anybody seriously think that they are going to give us anything which would be a disadvantage to them?
My personal feeling is that some form of federal government system would be best for all constituent parts of the UK with things like defence, foreign affairs, transport and health services etc. controlled centrally. Unfortunately, the cinic within me cannot see that option being offered! :(
Regards,
Bill

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.