Search found 1196 matches
- Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:29 am
- Forum: Threetowners' Photo Album
- Topic: The Anderson Family - Ardrossan - WWI
- Replies: 12
- Views: 302
Had a wee look and found out that Thomas Anderson had a son called Daniel. Daniel was born in 1891 at Dumbarton and died in 1974 at Saltcoats. I think he could have been "Puffer". Thomas Anderson had a total of 9 sons, 2 daughters and 1 stepdaughter. According to the censuses they lived at No. 26 Wi...
- Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:55 pm
- Forum: Family Research (Genealogy) - Guest Posting Allowed.
- Topic: Farm called 'Dungarvon' near Dalry?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 788
Some information on the 2 locations from the 1855 Name books: Dalgarven / Dalgarvan A small village on the turnpike road from Kilwinning to Dalry principally inhabited by the working class. For the greater portion the property of Mr Lang. Townhead of Dalgarven A commodious farm steading occupied by ...
- Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:36 am
- Forum: Threetowners' Lounge
- Topic: Reminiscences of Ardrossan
- Replies: 23
- Views: 3105
Reminiscences of Ardrossan By BALDIE From the Ardrossan & Saltcoats Herald 10th January 1908 The “Auld Hoose” As a fitting termination to the series of articles I have contrived in a feeble way, but to the best of my ability, to contribute for the benefit of Ardrossan folks of the old school and ab...