Well done Threetowners

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
danmac
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Well done Threetowners

Post by danmac »

I was very surprised when I opened my e-mails the other day and found a 'Private Message' to me sent by a visitor to Threetowners. Her name didn't mean anything to me.
Apparently this woman had been searching for a long time for her half-sister and half brother. Almost at her wits end she, at last found my name on the net and was referred to Threetowners. She leafed through the items that I had posted and came across one where I had mentioned that my sister had woked in Ardrossan as a ladies hairdresser. My sister had earlier been married to a man called Joe Adkins. Unfortunately he is now dead but,before he died he asked his daughter by a later marriage to try and find her half sister and brother by the name of Joey and Senga Adkins. He had also mentioned that his earlier wife was a haidresser by the name of McGuire (nee). So she began her long search which by chance (I,ll never know how) brough her to the Threetowners web site and she asked me in her mail if by chance she had finally found her siblings- She had! and I forwarded her mail to my nephew Joey. They have now been in touch. Thank you Threetowners
Tony

Maybe thad been hiding under my pail these many years.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Well done Threetowners

Post by morag »

Thats really great, Tony!
Did Senga go to St. Mike's in the '60's? The name is very familiar.
Morag
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Great story Tony. Thanks for sharing it.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
danmac
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by danmac »

morag wrote:Thats really great, Tony!
Did Senga go to St. Mike's in the '60's? The name is very familiar.
Morag
Yes Morag Senga did go to St Mikes in th 60's

Tony
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I remember her as a rather tall girl with light brown hair, quite popular and friendly, I hope she is doing well. I also seem to remember the hairdresser thing, maybe she spoke of following her mum's footsteps?
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
maryann
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by maryann »

A big Thankyou to the Threetowners forum for finally putting me in touch with my half siblings, and to Tony (danmac) for forwarding my email to Senga and Joey Adkins. I have now exchanged emails and some photos to them and have spoken to Senga and I am looking forward to meeting with them shortly.

It was through my husband joining ancestry.co.uk to research his family tree and out of curiosity I briefly looked at one of my cousins trees who mentioned Joseph Roy Adkins (Joey), my father. Although I had been mainly searching for Senga, by putting Senga and Joey Adkins together I came across Threetowners forum and the reference to them in a posting from danmac.

In previous searches I had put Jo, Joe or Joseph. So it was pure luck that I finally found the reference to them here :D .

Again many thanks to all.

Maryann Hancock (nee Adkins)
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

So glad to hear of your success Maryann - it would be great to hear your views on other subjects now on the forum - we love to hear everyone's point of view. Kick off your shoes, settle down and enjoy your read.

Meg