Guess who's dropped in?

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Guess who's dropped in?

Post by gnyaff »

Hi Jane,

Nice to see you on the new forum. I was wondering where you been this past while. Are you still cooking the burgers? I'm starving, this big wummin still doesn't feed me. We are having a reunion out here on 27th August up in Queensland, you said you always wanted to visit, so now's yer chance. You can read all about who's coming in other areas of this forum.

Wee Boney
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Split from "Aerial View Ardrossan C1960" in 3T's Lounge
I needed to practice ~ Hughie Site Admin :twisted:
jane
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jane »

Hello Wee Boney
Thanks for the invite to the reunion, it would be lovely to be there.
Now that my daughter goes on her own holidays, we tend to go away June & Sept/Oct, so I don't think I can make it for August. We have just booked a June holiday to the Dominican Republic, thought we would give that part of the world a whirl. End of last June we were in Puket, frightening what happened there as we were in a little place called Karon Beach just a few minutes from Patong and went in the some evenings. The hotel we were in was on the beach and got damaged but due to open again this month. We also had a week in Gran Canaria and a weekend in Barcelona in the Autumn. My brother reckons we are trying to tick everything off on the map. So Australia is definately on the cards but not quite yet. I see that you appear to be round Brisbane now and not Sidney as before. Still cooking lovely Sunday roast dinners here together with a bottle of wine. Was out with a crowd from work last night to a Chinese to celebrate there New Year. I have been reading all the news on the new forum and thought I ought to contribute again. Jane :wink:
jane
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

The Traveller

Post by gnyaff »

Hi Jane,

you are certainly a bit of a traveller, Grand Canaria and Barcelona bring back a few memories. Like you I've done a fair bit of travelling all over the planet. Though now becoming less frequent, my last trip was to Scotland and Japan in 2001, may have a week or so up the Pacific somewhere towards the end of next month. As for the move from Sydney, well I've been coming to Queensland at least once every year on my camping trips, so I thought why not go and live there. We bought a block of land, I designed a house and we found a builder to build it for us.
We are just ouside the metropolitan area of Brisbane, only one road in and out of our little estate, its surrounded by a creek and bushland on two sides, a golf course on another and the remaining side is trees. All that land is environmental so no one will be able to build there in the future. Plenty of wildlife, the kangaroos come round at night and eat the big wummins flowers of the front garden. Pity you can't make the reunion, probably be another one down south in 2007 see if you can make that one.

Wee Boney

P.S. How are the burgers going? I'm on my second bottle of wine tonight.
jane
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jane »

Wee Boney

Just put the roast pork in the oven, be ready about 4 p.m., nice bottle of wine and all the trimmings.

:twisted: :roll: :wink:
jane