The way it was.

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
joromomi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

The way it was.

Post by joromomi »

Does anyone remember this. It brings back some good memories. The Deluxe Picturehouse on the left (I use to live up the close next to it) Gourlays shop and Stevenston Higher Grade. The Pawn Shop sign, oh the guid auld days................Joyce.
joantoyboy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

delux

Post by joantoyboy »

i remember the delux, i lived in saltcoats , and when there was a good picture on in the delux we would go there ,is there not an entrance to a cemetry some where around , we went to see boris karlof in frankenstein and we crossed the road so we wouldnt be near it , lots of good memories. joan :lol:
joromomi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by joromomi »

Hi Joan; There is a Cemetery up the road from the Deluxe, really old.
Now you have to go somewhere to get a key to go in :!:
I think it was being vandalized :cry:
How sick is that :?: in our day we were scared walking through a graveyard, never mind vandalizing it.
Cheers............Joyce
Big T
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The WAy It WAs

Post by Big T »

I spent many a good night in the Deluxe. I would go at least three times a week including the saturday morning matinee. Was really sorry to see it go.
I lived in the Caley and it was a five minute walk through the higher Grade Fitba park.

I can still picture it now( pardon the pun) the balcony which was only about 8 feet high and the the 2 side balconies which ran up both side on the cinema.
And of course you can not mention the deluxe without mentioning Victor & Nellie Brown
Great Memories

Tommy