The Old Dockers Club on Ardrossan Montgomerie Street

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Mitchy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

The Old Dockers Club on Ardrossan Montgomerie Street

Post by Mitchy »

Was this club situated on the Harbour side of the street, and when did it close? Any photos of it anyone?
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Mitchy,
The Ardrossan Dockers Club from what I can remember around 1960 was about five or six buildings up from the corner of Princes Street. There were no buildings on the opposite side of the street at that point because across the street was the Eglinton Docks boundary fence.

The club was quiet popular on a Sunday afternoon as at that time the pubs were closed and hotels I think were only allowed to serve bona-fide travellers.
Mitchy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Mitchy »

hewmac wrote:Hi Mitchy,
The Ardrossan Dockers Club from what I can remember around 1960 was about five or six buildings up from the corner of Princes Street. There were no buildings on the opposite side of the street at that point because across the street was the Eglinton Docks boundary fence.

The club was quiet popular on a Sunday afternoon as at that time the pubs were closed and hotels I think were only allowed to serve bona-fide travellers.
Cheers Hughie. I can remember the 'new' Dockers Club well (don't know if you were ever in it on a trip home), but I know little of the old club.

Mitchy