Lion

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
mcgrattan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Lion

Post by mcgrattan »

The former Burns & Laird (Ardrossan-Belfast) ferry Lion at Donegal Quay, Belfast, Summer 1969.

Tom McGrattan
harrysteell
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

the lion

Post by harrysteell »

Hi Tom nice photo, I travelled on the lion between dover and calaise, it must have been a good few years ago, it was under one of the channel ferry companys, I wonder where it is now ?
mcgrattan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Lion

Post by mcgrattan »

Left Ardrossan in 1976. After working in the English Channel for P & O for a few years she was on charter to British Channel Islands as Baroness M. She was sold abroad and became Adinda Lestari 101 and arrived at Chittagong to be scrapped on 12 March 2004.

Tom McGrattan
mcgrattan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Lion

Post by mcgrattan »

Burns & Laird's LION as Adinda Lestari 101 prior to demolition at Chittagong in 2004.

Tom McGrattan
harrysteell
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

the lion

Post by harrysteell »

Hi Tom thanks for that information, I wondered what became of her, I spoke to the purser, when I was on route to Calaise, he was very surprised that I knew some of the past history from it being one of the burns and lairds line boats, it must have been about 20 years ago, have you any Idea what happened to the tug Seaway that was at Ardrossan, my cousin was an engineer on it, must have been around 1966, there is not much left of the harbour of any interest, apart from the Arran ferry, I used to spend a lot of time around the harbour, when I was young, fishing at the lighthouse and Montgomery pier, sometimes went out with John Thomson on his little boat, it was anchord at Jerrys pier, I think his brother dougie has it now, its tied up at the new marina I think, during the summer, then they take it out for winter, put in his parents garden at Castle road Ardrossan, bye for now. Harry. :D :D :) :lol:
mcgrattan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Seaway

Post by mcgrattan »

Seaway-1.jpg
Seaway was launched as Empire Palm on 20 January 1946 at Scott's of Bowling. She was bought by Ardrossan Harbour Company in 1946 and arrived at Dalmuir for scrapping in July 1969. Ardneil was her replacement.

Tom McGrattan
harrysteell
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

the Seaway Ardrossan

Post by harrysteell »

Hi Tom thanks for the photo. and information, I have put a post of another ship from Ardrossan, in the wrong post box, I will be in trouble from Hughie, you will find it in your post for wednesday B.D.M. sorry about that I am not too familiar with posts from the photo bucket,