Some Herald BMD from the 60s and 70s

For those researching family in the three towns area.
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Some Herald BMD from the 60s and 70s

Post by down south »

Completing the In Memoriam entries for 16th June 1972.

IN MEMORIAM ( concluded )

PLENDERLEITH - In loving memory of my dear husband, and our dear dad, William, died 18th June 1971.
His wish today would be no fuss,
Just to be remembered by all of us.
Inserted by his loving wife and family, 68 Garven Road, Stevenston.

POLLAND - In loving memory of my dear wife, May Anderson, died on the 14th June 1971.
In silence you suffered, you told but few,
You did not deserve what you went through,
Tired and weary, you made no fuss,
But you tried so hard to stay with us.
As you rest in peaceful sleep,
Sweet memories of you, I'll always keep.
Inserted by her loving husband, Bill, 19 Watson Terrace, Irvine.

To hide my sorrow, I always try,
I smile with others, alone I cry.
Inserted by loving son, Sam and Mary.

Goodnight, our wee gran.
Douglas and Elaine.

REID - In loving memory of my dear wife and our dear mother, Susan McMaster, who died 17th June 1968.
Till we meet again.
Inserted by her loving husband, Sandy, Kilwinning, and Nancy, Alan and Susan, Irvine.

In sincere and loving memory of my darling mother, Susan McMaster.
May you always walk in sunshine,
And God's love around you flow,
For the happiness you gave us,
No one will ever know.
You won't come back, we know that's true,
But some day, mother, we'll come to you.
Loving only son, William, and daughter-in-law Ray, 5 Border Avenue, Saltcoats.

A faithful nana only lent,
One of the best God ever sent.
Loving grandchildren, Sandy, Janine and Samuel.

REID - In loving memory of our dear mother Annie Beattie, died 14th June 1971.
To us she was someone special,
Someone so good and true,
You will never be forgotten,
Because we thought the world of you.
Inserted by Warnock, Sheena and family, 74 Auchenhove Crescent, Kilbirnie.

REID - In loving memory of my dear wife, Flora Young Smith, who died 11th June 1964.
Always remembered.
Inserted by her loving husband, 47 Mayfield Road, Saltcoats, also Craig, Bessey and family, 33 Whitlees Court, Ardrossan.

TRINDER - In loving memory of my dear husband and daddy, Hamilton Trinder, who died 17th June 1971.
The world was ours when we had you,
A world of love and happiness too,
No longer here our lives to share,
But in our hearts you are always there.
A smile for all, a heart of gold,
The very best the world can hold.
Inserted by his loving wife, Margaret, and son, David.

Never more than a thought away,
Loved and remembered every day.
Inserted by mother and father-in-law and Wilma.

Deep in our hearts his memory is kept,
To love, to cherish, and never forget.
Inserted by Jim, Mattie, and the girls.

WHITESIDE - In loving memory of my dear mother, Helen, died 14th June 1971.
Deep in our hearts her memory is kept,
To love, cherish, and never forget.
Time may pass, but memories stay,
Quietly remembered every day.
Inserted by her loving daughter, Betty, son-in-law, Bobby, and grandchildren, Dale, Robert, Lynn and Greame.

WALSH -In loving memory of our dear mother and my dear sister, Celia Walsh, died 14th June 1971.
It does not need a special day,
To bring you to our mind,
For days without a thought of you,
Are very hard to find.
Inserted by John, Mary and family, 39 Morville Crescent, Kilwinning.

You never said goodbye to us,
Perhaps it's just as well,
We never could have said goodbye,
To one we loved so well.
Our hearts still ache with sadness,
Our secret tears still flow,
For what it meant to lose you, mother,
No one will ever know.
Inserted by her loving daughter Cissie, and Bill.

As we wander to your grave,
And place each flower with care,
No one knows the heartache,
As we turn and leave you there.
Inserted by grandchildren, Patricia, Catherine, William, and Carol Ann.

A little corner in our hearts,
Is set aside for you.
As long as life and memories last,
We will remember you.
Inserted by her loving son, Tom, Margaret and family.

Forgive me Lord if I should weep,
For a wonderful mother I could not keep.
These words are written with deep regret,
From the heart of a daughter who will never forget.
Inserted by her loving daughter, Betty, Robert and family.

We were not there to see you die,
To lift your head and say goodbye,
But we will remember our whole lives through,
The last few words we had with you.
Inserted by her loving son Edward and brother Eddie, 40 David Gage Street, Kilwinning.

To hear your voice, to see your smile,
To sit and talk to you awhile,
To be together in the same old way,
Would be my dearest wish today.
Inserted by loving daughter, Agnes, Tommy and wee Stephen.

WEAVER - In loving memory of my dear wife and mother, Catherine Weaver, died 19th June 1971.
Always remembered.
Inserted by her husband, Walter, and family.

In loving memory of my mother, Catherine, died 20th June 1971.
Dear mother, why had you to die,
Forgive me God for asking why,
There were others, yes I know,
You were mine and I loved you so.
These words are written with sad regret,
From the heart of a daughter who will never forget.
St Martin pray for her.
Inserted by Isabel and John, 53 Dalry Road, Saltcoats.

Dear God take this message,
To our gran up above,
Tell her how much we miss her,
And give her all our love.
Goodnight gran.
Katrina, James and Martin.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Starting now on the BMD notices in the A&S Herald of 30th June 1972.We have the Births, and a couple of entries in a new feature, Birthday Greetings.

BIRTHS

ADAM - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 24th June 1972, to Melville and June ( nee Russell ), Bernera, 24 Whyte Avenue, Irvine, a son ( Russell McLaren ); both well.

ADRAIN - At Middlesbrough, on 20th June, to Margo ( nee Jackson ) and David, a son ( David Stuart ); both well.

CLARKE - At City General Hospital, Carlisle, on 26th June 1972, to Tommy and Ann ( Robertson ), 93 Green Lane, Belle-Vue, Carlisle, the gift of a daughter ( Audrey ); both well.

CUTHBERTSON - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 21st June 1972, to Jim and Margaret ( Gibson ), 14B Blacklands Avenue, Kilwinning, a son, James, a brother for Iain; thanking all in attendance.

FITZSIMMONS - At Irvine Central Hospital, on 19th June 1972, to Vincent and Joyce ( Liddle ), a daughter ( Tracey Agnes ); both well; thanking all in attendance.

GEAR - Frank and Kathleen ( Service ), 31 Guthrie Road, Saltcoats, are happy to announce the safe arrival of a son ( Paul Robert Edward ) , on 16th June 1972, at Buckreddan Maternity Hospital; both well; thanking all in attendance.

IRVING - Granville and Dorothy ( Williamson ) 12 Janefield Place, Beith, are happy to announce the birth of their daughter ( Alison ) , on 24th June, at Buckreddan Maternity Home; a sister for Gordon; thanking all in attendance.

KELLY - At Kilmarnock Maternity Home, on 8th June 1972, to Austin and Maria Anne ( nee Madden ), a daughter. Deo gratias. 3 Leven Road, Troon.

McINTYRE - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 20th June 1972, to Jim and May ( Hodgart ) , 42 Smith Avenue, Glengarnock, a daughter ( Gillian Elizabeth ), a sister for Arlene; thanking all the staff at Buckreddan Nursing Home and Ayrshire Central Hospital in attendance; both well.

MUNN - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 24th June, to John and Anne ( Herring ), a daughter ( Carol Anne ); both well; thanking all in attendance.

NEIL - At Holy Family Hospital, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada, on 6th June 1972, to Theresa and Bobby, a son ( Steven Robert Edward ) , a brother for Sharon Claire.

BIRTHDAY GREETINGS

CUTHBERT - Congratulations on your 21st birthday, Jim, from your loving wife Marion.

MCLAUGHLAN - Happy 21st birthday to Aunty Marion, with love from Alison.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Moving on now to the Engagements from 30th June 1972.

ENGAGEMENTS

DORRIAN - FERGUSON - Both families have pleasure in announcing the engagement of Patrick, youngest son of the late Mr John Dorrian, and of Mrs Kathleen Dorrian, 3 Wheatley Road, Saltcoats, to Anne Patricia, third daughter of Mr and Mrs William Ferguson, 42 Stanley Road, Ardrossan.

KILDAY - MURRAY - Both families have much pleasure in announcing the engagement of George, only son of Mr and Mrs George Kilday, 2 Calderpark Street, Lochwinnoch, to Carol, second daughter of Mr and Mrs George Murray, Bridgend, Lochwinnoch.

LAPHAM - INGLIS - The engagement is announced between Hugh H Y Lapham, only son of Mr and Mrs E Y Lapham, 21 Monkton Road, Prestwick, and Doreen E Inglis, only daughter of Mr and Mrs D A E Inglis, 3 Deveron Road, Barassie Estate, Troon.

McINNES - WILSON - Both families have pleasure in announcing the engagement of William ( Billy ), younger son of Mr and Mrs William McInnes, 25 Wingfaulds Avenue, Dalry, and Jean, only daughter of Mr and Mrs Hugh Wilson, 5 Burnhouse Avenue, Dalry.

PEDEN - CARLYLE - Both families have much pleasure in announcing the engagement of Blair, second son of Mr and Mrs James Peden, 44 Kilmorie Drive, King's Park, Rutherglen, to Joyce, only daughter of Mrs Violet Carlyle and the late Mr William Carlyle, 71 Dalry Road, Kilbirnie.

RUTHERFORD - MILLIKEN - Both families have pleasure in announcing the engagement of James Stewart, only son of the late Mr Joseph Rutherford and Mrs Barbara Rutherford, 6 Main Street, Ochiltree, and Joan Brown, only daughter of Mr and Mrs John Milliken, 74 Milton Road, Kilbirnie.

SHEDDEN - MATHIESON - Mr and Mrs A M Mathieson, 18 Sorbie Road, Ardrossan, are happy to announce the engagement of their only daughter, Sheila, to Neil A Shedden, 494 Great Western Road, Glasgow W2, elder son of Mr N Shedden and the late Christina Shedden, 76 Auchenharvie Road, Saltcoats.

WALLACE - MARSHALL - Mr and Mrs J Wallace, 17 David Gage Street, Kilwinning, have pleasure in announcing the engagement of their only son, Robin, to Fay, only daughter of Mr and Mrs H Marshall, of Leeds, Yorkshire; the couple both live in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The Marriages now from 30th June 1972.

MARRIAGES

CATHCART - McWHINNIE - At St Columba's Church, Kilbirnie, on 17th June 1972, by the Rev W C Galloway, Robert William, only son of Mr and Mrs J Cathcart, 1 Place View, Kilbirnie, to Elizabeth Morrison, only daughter of Mr and Mrs H McWhinnie, 5 High Street, Kilbirnie.

CHARLESTON - WILSON - At Livingstone Parish Church, Stevenston, on 23rd June 1972, by the Rev I N Roy, MA, BD, Douglas Thomson, youngest son of Mr and Mrs R Charleston, 71 Gaynor Avenue, Loanhead, Midlothian, to Anne Hutton, elder daughter of Mr and Mrs Adam Wilson, 42 Ardoch Crescent, Stevenston.

GOLDIE - BOYD - At St Andrew's Church, Ardrossan, on 10th June 1972, by the Rev Edward J Davidson, George Campbell, only son of Mr and Mrs Andrew Goldie, 5 Golf Avenue, Stevenston, to Linda, only daughter of Mr and Mrs Edward Boyd, 3 Lindsay Avenue, Saltcoats.

HASWELL - MILES - At Mansefield Church, Kilwinning, on 9th June 1972, by the Rev James Roy, Robert Halliday, only son of Mr and Mrs Robert Haswell, 7 Love Street, Kilwinning, to Ellen margaret, younger daughter of Mr and Mrs Arthur Miles, 12 Daljarrock, Kilwinning.

JENKINS - HARRIS - At St Brendan's Church, Saltcoats, on 15th June 1972, by the Rev Father P Gunning, assisted by the Rev J H Houston, Ian, elder son of Mr and Mrs J Jenkins, 21 Saughtree Avenue, Saltcoats, to Elizabeth Benson, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs William Harris, 33 High Street, Lochwinnoch.

McLAUGHLAN - THOMSON - At Kilwinning Abbey Church, on 17th June 1972, James, eldest son of Mr and Mrs Patrick McLaughlan, 37 Broomlands Road, Dreghorn, to Mary, youngest daughter of Mr and Mrs Robert Thomson, 4 Church Street, Kilwinning.

MORRISON - WILSON - At High Church, Beith, on 24th June 1972, Colin, son of Mr and Mrs C Morrison, 35 Hawthorn Crescent, Beith, to Rosetta, only daughter of Mr and Mrs R Wilson, 34 Sycamore Avenue, Beith.

PERRY - McKENZIE - At Livingstone Parish Church, Stevenston, on 24th June 1972, by the Rev Ian Roy, David, only son of Mr and Mrs H Perry, Stratford, London E15, to Sheena, only daughter of Mr and Mrs G McKenzie, 1 Carmyle Place, Stevenston.

PHELAN - ANDERSON - At Ayr, on the 22nd of June 1972, John Phelan of Nottingham, to Anne, youngest daughter of Mr and Mrs David Anderson, Goldcraigs, Kilwinning.

SUTHERLAND - SMALL - At Ardeer Parish Church, Stevenston, on 23rd June 1972, by Rev R Alan Knox, MA, LTh, Robert Logan, only son of Mr and Mrs R Sutherland,1 Winton Avenue, Kilwinning, to Marilyn Alexander, youngest daughter of Mr and Mrs Wm W Small, Belle-Mara, 2 Diddup Drive, Stevenston.

WILSON - WARD - At Queen's Park West Church, Glasgow, on 15th June 1972, by Rev Archibald Robertson, MA, BD, DIP , RED , John Ritchie Wilson, MA, LLB, only son of Mr W Wilson, 7 Garnock View, Kilwinning, and of the late Mrs K Wilson, to Patricia Lesley Ward, daughter of the late Mr J L Ward and of Mrs H Ward, 59 Vennard Gardens, Glasgow.

GOLDEN WEDDINGS

GILLAN - AULD - At 15 Double Row, Kilwinning, on 23rd June 1922, by the Rev William Connacher, Henry Pirrie Gillan to Sarah Auld. Present address : 21 David Crescent, Kilwinning.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The first of the Deaths from 30th June 1972.

DEATHS

ADAIR - Suddenly, at St Thomas's Hospital, London, on 27th June 1972, Lilian, aged 31 years, beloved daughter of David and Jean Adair, and dear sister of David and Roy. At home with the Lord.

CARTER - suddenly, at Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 20th June 1972, Rachel McLean Irvine, aged 46 years, beloved wife of Frederick Carter, 33 Fullarton Street, Irvine.

CUTHBERTSON - At Ailsa Hospital, Ayr, on on 21st June 1972, Jessie Anderson, aged 87 years, beloved wife of the late James Cuthbertson, and and much loved aunt of her nephews and nieces. Sadly missed.
Acknowledgements : The nephews and nieces of the late Jessie Anderson desire to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent bereavement; also doctors, nurses and staff of Ailsa Hospital, Ayr, for kind attention; Rev Hugh Kirkwood for services rendered; and Mr S Donaldson for funeral arrangements.

DAWES - At Ardrossan, on 24th June 1972, James Wallace, ex-Provost of the Burgh of Ardrossan, and sometime accountant with
the Royal Bank of Scotland at their Duns and Ardrossan branches.
Note that an obituary of ex-Provost Dawes appears here .

GASTON - At Dumfries Royal Infirmary, on 23rd June 1972, Robert Gaston, aged 60 years , beloved husband of Isabella Halliday, 1 Kerelaw Road, Stevenston.

GIBSON - Suddenly at Kilmarnock Infirmary, on 22nd June 1972, Catherine Morton Stobie, beloved wife of Daniel Gibson ,and mother of Jim and Margaret, 56 Ranken Drive, Irvine; also dearly loved sister of David and Jessie.

GILMORE - At Ballochmyle Hospital, Mauchline, on on 25th June 1972, Allan Gilmore, aged 84 years, 41 Titchfield Road, Troon, beloved husband of the late Janet Allison.
Acknowledgements : The family of the late Mr Allan Gilmore wish to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their sad bereavement; and to all who attended at the cemetery; also doctors and nurses of Ballochmyle Hospital; and Dr A Mackintosh for kind attention; the Rev Allan Young for his services; and Mr K Cowan for funeral arrangements. 41 Titchfield Road, Troon.

GRAY - At Royal Alexandria Infirmary, Paisley, on 23rd June 1972, John Gray, aged 76 years, beloved husband of Jessie Murray, 47 Briery Court, Kilbirnie.

JOHNSTONE - At Elmbank Dairy, on 27th June 1972, Ruby Hogg, beloved wife of Jack Johnstone. No letters please.

McALPINE - On 12th June 1972, at 2 Phillip Street, Moe, Victoria, Australia, John McAlpine, aged 65 years, beloved husband of Elizabeth Teevie, and eldest son of the late James Mcalpine, Stevenston . Inserted by his brother, James McAlpine, Kilwinning.

McCULLOCH - At 9 Leven Place, Irvine, on 23rd June 1972, Susan Martin Murray, aged 22 years, beloved wife of Derek McCulloch.
Acknowledgements : Mr Derek McCulloch wishes to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes and cards received in his sad bereavement; special thanks to Dr McFarlane for faithful attention, the Rev P G Thomson , and Mrs McInnes, Home Help, for services rendered.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The rest of the Deaths, and one Interment, from 30th July 1972.

DEATHS ( concluded )

McNEISH - At Ayr County Hospital, the result of an accident, on 23rd June 1972, Archibald McNeish and his wife Elizabeth Dunlop, of Crimmond, 31 Corsehill, Kilwinning, dear father and mother of Betty and Gordon.

The following report about this accident appeared in the A&S Herald of the same date :

ELDERLY COUPLE IN FATAL CAR CRASH
An elderly couple died last Friday after their car crashed into a lamp post in Ayr.
The dead couple were Mr Archibald McNeish, 77-year-old retired mine manager, and his wife Elizabeth, 78, 0f 31 Corsehill, Kilwinning.
The accident happened at the junction of Whitletts Road and Mainholm Road on Thursday afternoon.
Mr McNeish is believed to have suffered a heart attack and lost control of the car.
The couple were taken to Ayr County Hospital where Mr McNeish died shortly after midnight. Mrs McNeish died six hours later.
Mr McNeish, a native of Kilwinning, worked as a mine manager in Fife before taking up a similar post in England.
The couple are survived by a son and a daughter.

MILLER - On 26th June 1972, Mary Louisa Miller, of 3 Sandilands, Troon.

MORTON - Suddenly, at Blackpool, on 17th June 1972, James Morton, beloved husband of Elizabeth Thomson, and beloved father of Gillian, Jacqueline and Linda.
Acknowledgements : Mrs Elizabeth Morton and family of the late James Morton wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy , floral tributes, cards and letters received in their recent sad bereavement; also thanks to all Masonic Brethren of Lodge 320, RA 223 and Lodge 442; also thanks to the Rev G Wilson for spiritual comfort and Co-operative for funeral arrangements; also we would like to express our special thanks to Mr James Bower and to Mrs Catherine Benson for all help received. Dalry Co-operative.

NIXON - At 78 Lynn Drive, Kilbirnie, on 23rd June 1972, Jane Bell, aged 79 years, beloved wife of William Nixon.

PAXTON - At Irvine Central Hospital, on 22nd June 1972, Archibald McLean Paxton, aged 64 years, beloved husband of Ina Thornton, 27 Anderson Drive, Saltcoats.
Mrs I Paxton and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; the Rev A McIlroy for comfort and services rendered; doctors, staff and nurses of Pavilion 11, Central Hospital, for their kind attention; fellow workers of RNAD, Beith; and to all who attended the service at the graveside; also Mr A W Blair for funeral arrangements. 27 Anderson Drive, Saltcoats.

RENFREW - At Kilmarnock Infirmary, on 24th June 1972, Margaret Lawson, aged 73 years, wife of the late David R G Renfrew, 18 Border Avenue, Saltcoats.

SZULC - Suddenly, at Kilmarnock Infirmary, on 26th June 1972, Victor Szulc, aged 50 years, dearly beloved husband of Caroline McTaggart, 37 Hemphill View, Knockentiber, and much loved father of Daniel, Helen, Carol and Veronica.

STEWART - Suddenly, on 19th June 1972, while on holiday in Canada, at the residence of his brother, Hugh, Joseph Stewart, aged 57 years, ( late of Wardrope Terrace ), beloved husband of Grace Ewing .

TAGGART - At Owndel, Peterburgh, on Sunday, 25th June 1972, as the result of an accident, Colin, in his 33rd year, beloved youngest son of the late Mr and Mrs James Taggart, late of 91 Townend Street, Dalry.

TAYLOR - At Ballochmyle Hospital, on 25th June 1972, William Taylor, aged 72 years, beloved husband of Agnes Young, 56A Canal Street, Saltcoats.

WALKER - At Kilmarnock Infirmary, on 26th June 1972, Alec H Walker, MM, MA, BSc, BA ( Hons ), beloved husband of Annie Dickson and dear father of Billy and Jim, 14 Lindsay Avenue, Saltcoats.

INTERMENT

CARNEGIE - The interment of the ashes of the late William A C R Carnegie, of Magdala, Whiting Bay, Arran, will take place at Kilbride Churchyard, Lamlash, on 8th July, at 11.30 am. Friends wishing to attend meet at churchyard.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The rest ( not very many, because some appeared in the 16th June slot as well as the 30th June deaths ) of the Acknowledgements now from 30th June 1972.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

BOWER - Mr J Bower and family wish to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for their floral tributes and expressions of sympathy received in their recent sad bereavement; special thanks to Dr Duff for years of faithful attendance; thanks also to nurse Robertson; Mrs McLinden; and the Rev J Ewing; also Mr McLean for funeral arrangements. 18 St Margaret's Road, Ardrossan.

CLARK - Mrs Christina Clark and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours in Dickson Drive and Dick Terrace for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent bereavement; also the ladies' and gents' section of the Irvine Park Bowling Club; and fellow workers at the Scottish Gas Board, Kilmarnock; Dr Jack and Dr Montgomery for kind attention; the Rev James Harris for services rendered; and the SCWS for funeral arrangements.

COWAN - The family of the late Mrs Florence Cowan wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent bereavement; special thanks to Dr Duff and district nurses for kind attention; also Rev G Wilson and SCWS for funeral arrangements. 40 Queens Drive, Ardrossan.

DICKSON - Betty and Jack Drury and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for help, kindness and expressions of sympathy received in their sad bereavement; the doctors and staff of Ward 5, Kilmarnock Infirmary, for attention; Rev Gordon Weir for spiritual comfort; Mr George Dodds for funeral arrangements. 7A Arran Place, Ardrossan.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Starting on the In Memoriam entries for 30th June 1972.

IN MEMORIAM

BRYCE - In loving memory of our dear father, James, who died 29th June 1971.
Never more than a thought away,
Quietly remembered every day.
Inserted by his daughter, Mary, and family, also Bert and family.

BURGESS - Cherished memories of my dear husband, Tom, who died so suddenly in his home on 2nd July 1971.
A page in the book of memory,
Is gently turned today.
Inserted by his wife, Annette, 50 Main Street, Loans.

CAMERON - In loving memory of our youngest daughter, Margaret McPhee, wife of Robert Cameron, died on 1st July 1959, aged 24.
If we could have one dream fulfilled,
One prayer that could come true,
We would pray to God with all our hearts,
For yesterday and you.
Inserted by her mother, father, and sisters, Betty and Jean, 54 Glencairn Street, Stevenston.

CURRIE - In loving memory of my dear wife and mother, Elizabeth Currie, died 29th June 1970.
This month comes with sad regret,
It brings a day we won't forget,
You passed away without goodbye,
But memories of you will never die.
Inserted by her husband and family, 17 Dipple View, Kilbirnie.

DAVIDSON - Treasured memories of a dear husband, father and grandpop, died 27th June 1970.
My wee house now is empty,
When God called you away,
Your wife and family think of you,
Each hour of every day.
Inserted by wife Peggie and family, great and grandchildren at home and abroad, 65 Logan Drive, Troon.

DICKIE - In loving memory of our dear brother, Robert, died 27th June 1966.
We miss you, Robert, we always will,
You left a place no one else can fill.
Alice, Margaret and Betty.

FERGUSON - In loving memory of my dear sister, Mary ( Mrs Walker ) who died 27th June 1948, and her baby daughter, who died 28th June 1948; also my dear father, who died 11th December 1961; and my beloved mother, who died 8th October 1971.
Many a lonely heartache,
Often a silent tear,
Always a beautiful memory,
Of the ones we loved so dear.
Inserted by her sister, brother-in-law, David and Jim, Mrs McLean, 2 Scott Road, Irvine.

GIBSON - In loving memory of my dear mother, Helen Cowan, died 26th June 1962.
Remembered always.
Lena.

HAMILTON - In loving memory of my dear husband and father, Tom Hamilton, who died 1st July 1964.
Today, I am thinking of someone,
Whom I loved fondly and true,
A little corner in my heart,
Is set aside for you.
Inserted by his loving wife, and daughter Betty.

HART - In loving memory of my dear husband, Thomas Hart, and dear father of Margaret, died 27th June 1971.
Remembered always.
Inserted by his wife and daughter49 Burnfoot Avenue, Barassie.

HOUSTON - in loving memory of my dear wife and our dear mother, Bridget McCrorie,died 26th June 1969.
You never even said goodbye,
Perhaps it's just as well,
For how could we have said goodbye,
To one we loved so well.
Tommy and family, 108 Dalry Road, Saltcoats.

Always in our thoughts.
Isabel, John and family, 33 Dundonald Avenue, Stevenston.

McEWAN - In loving memory of my dear wife, Robina, died 26th June 1970.
In the evening when the sun goes down,
And in the morning we shall remember you.
Inserted by her sorrowing husband, daughter Margaret, and grandchildren, 66 Blacklands Crescent, Kilwinning.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The remainder of the In Memoriam entries from 30th June 1972.

IN MEMORIAM ( concluded )

McMEECHAN - Remembering our darling son, Christopher, killed 30th June 1971.
As it ends the first sad year,
There is a cluster of beautiful memories,
Sprayed with a million tears.
Inserted by his mother and father.

Unfading memories of our darling grandson, wee Christopher, killed 30th June 1971, aged 2 years.
To see again his lovely face,
I say his name and cry,
So often I wonder,
Why did he have to die.
Gran and Papa, Jimmy, 58 Wingate Avenue, Dalry.

In loving memory of our dear nephew, Christopher, killed 30th June 1971.
Many a lonely heartache,
Many a silent tear,
Always beautiful memories,
Of one we loved so dear.
Aunt Andrea, Uncle Hugh, Cousins Arlene and Hugh.

Memories dear of wee Christopher, died 30th June 1971.
Treasure him Lord in your garden of rest.
Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Cathie.

MITCHELL - In memory of my dear husband, Alexander, died 3rd July 1969.
Sweet are the memories silently kept,
A husband I loved, and will never forget,
Dear to my heart he will ever remain,
Till God in his time unites us again.
Inserted by his loving wife, Janet, and family.

MOUNCE - Loving and happy memories of Jimmy, died 26th June 1971, dearly beloved husband of Mattie, and dear dad of Jim, Ann and Joe.
28 Shewalton Drive, Drybridge, and 89 Clark Drive, Irvine.

In loving memory of my dear son, Jimmy, died 26th June 1971.
From his loving mother, 27 Shewalton Drive, Drybridge.

PROUSE - In loving memory of my dear husband and dad, Charles, died 2nd July 1971.
When we are sad and lonely dear,
And everything goes wrong,
We seem to hear you whisper,
Cheer up and carry on.
Each time we see your photo,
You seem to smile and say,
Don't cry I'm only sleeping,
We'll meet again some day.
They say it's a wonderful journey,
From the old world to the new,
Sometime we'll take that journey,
Because dad it leads to you.
Inserted by his loving wife Ella and family, Sadie, Linda, Ian and Stuart, 174 High Road , Saltcoats.

We hold back the tears when we speak your name,
The ache in our heart remains the same,
No one knows the grief we share,
When the family meet and you're not there.
Inserted by his loving son Alfred and Jean.

A little corner in our hearts,
Is set aside for you,
As long as life and memories last,
We will remember you.
Inserted by his loving daughter Senga and Douglas.

When we long for a face and a voice that is gone,
We think of you singing and treasure your smile,
And feel you're not lost,
Just gone for a while.
Inserted by his loving daughter Jamie and Eric.

Goodnight papa.
Wee Eric.

REID - Cherished memories of our dear daughter, Shirley Eleanor, died 4th July 1955.
The world may change from year to year,
Our friends from day to day,
But never will the one we loved,
From our memory fade away.
Mummy, Daddy, Trevor and Kenneth, 59 Shore Road, Stevenston.

Treasured memories of our dear grandchild, Shirley Eleanor, died 4th July 1955.
No treasure on earth can replace her.
Gran and Grandpa, 31 Hayocks Road, Stevenston.

Treasured memories of our niece, Shirley Eleanor, died 4th July 1955.
Our memory of you is a keepsake,
With which we will never part,
God has you in his keeping,
But we have you in our hearts.
Aunty Joan, Uncle Bill and family, 81 Forde Crescent, Stevenston.

YOUNG - In loving memory of my dear son and our brother, Signaller George Young, RA, killed in action in Italy, 30th June 1944, aged 22 years; interred in Orvietto cemetery; also my dear wife and our dear mother,who died 4th February 1972.
Just a prayer from those who loved you,
Just a memory fond and true,
In our hearts you will live for ever,
Because we thought the world of you.
Till we meet again.
Inserted by his loving father, 23 Kirkton Road, West Kilbride, and sisters at home and abroad.

In loving memory of our dear brother, George, killed in action in Italy, 30th June 1944.
There is no parting from those we love,
No distance can divide,
Ever near in memory's garden,
We still walk side by side.
Inserted by Alex, Rina and family, 63 Main Street, West Kilbride.

Susan

Suspending the posts in this topic now for a few weeks while I prepare to move house ( ! )
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Best wishes for a successful house move Susan.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I don't envy you a house move Susan, good luck.
Those wimin were in the nip.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Stressful time ahead for you Susan good luck. May your new house be a Happy Home for you and your loved ones.