Dare I Ask?

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Dare I Ask?

Post by John Donnelly »

Hi PT.
I had not considered this Salmon aspect of things.
Obviously I don't get any feedback on this on the news here. We do get BBC, which I follow every day, but the local news is from London, as this is what gets streamed here.
You've started my thought-process. :shock:
Is it possible that it's a distracting tactic. I must confess that I was shocked at the allegations; -never expected it from him.
Mind you, you just never know.
JD.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Penny Tray wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:29 pm This is a rhetorical question, simply to be pondered over and referred back to if it ever becomes appropriate – “Is Nicola Sturgeon’s position as First Minister in any danger regarding procedural decisions she may have made or didn’t make between June 2008 and November 2014, which are the dates between which Alex Salmond is alleged to have committed 14 offences of a sexual nature against women, and in respect of which he is to stand trial at the High Court beginning 9 March, 2020?”

Without affecting her obvious abilities, I think Nicola has looked ‘strained’ since the criminal proceedings were initiated against the former First Minister. Maybe she's just worried about him as a friend, mentor, and former colleague?

The criminal case will certainly be a distraction from INDEPENDENCE!

As an aside, Mr. Salmond’s defence is being prepared by Gordon Jackson, QC, a Saltcoats man, (I think), who definitely went to Ardrossan Academy. He was a Labour member of the Scottish Parliament at one time, representing the Glasgow Govan constituency, until ousted by one, Nicola Sturgeon.

It’s going to be interesting methinks!

I know nothing about the law. Is it possible Nicola could be called as a witness in the trial for defence or prosecution?
And would she have to attend?
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

"Yes" and "Yes," and whichever one calls her, she would be open, of course, to cross-examination by the other.

Once again, however, I say, "let's wait and see what transpires" or we might be appearing ourselves - for contempt :lol: - it's a 'live' case and one still to be judged by their Lordships. It's going to be of massive interest though and we'll have a Saltcoats man, Gordon Jackson, QC, at the very heart of the proceedings - 9 March, 2020 is definitely at date for your diary - don't miss the six o'clock news that night.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Not long now ...
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Just in case this topic takes off, please remember my previous warning about contempt of Court -

In the Herald on Sunday today, Iain Macwhirter writes -

"Journalists or editors who disclose any information that could prejudice a criminal trial, or make comments likely to influence jurors could be guilty of contempt of court, and end up in jail.

Already one pro-SNP commentator, the former British diplomat Craig Murray, has been warned by the Crown Office that a satirical post he published in January could be "gravely" in contempt.

So, no satire or speculation from me. I make no comment about Mr. Salmond's guilt or innocence. I'll just say these are serious charges, potentially carrying long prison sentences."
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

And by the way, listen in the next few weeks of any mention of the MOOROV DOCTRINE!
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Penny Tray wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:52 pm And by the way, listen in the next few weeks of any mention of the MOOROV DOCTRINE!
Obviously- I had to google that and so can everyone else. I don't want to be done with Contempt ... :lol: //silent
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

Craig Murray post on Julian Assange's current position and the condition he's in, held in Bellmarch, CM was at the earlier hearings,......
The judge overseeing the extradition hearing, seems a charmer Vanessa Baraitser,

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Vanessa_Baraitser

The atrticle in the Irish Times has gone , it was there at 10.00 this morning
The article titled Yes Minster Craig Murray is worth a google

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... ing-day-3/

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... ond-trial/

Trump wants Assange dead, Boris seems happy to oblige It appears

The above post is a mess, but but gives link to read or not and draw your own conclusions.........I'll need to go my wee grey pal is at the door
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Have seen wee Nicola on the news the last couple of days. She always looks so smart- In fact, i fancy her. :secret:
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

brian f wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:53 pm Have seen wee Nicola on the news the last couple of days. She always looks so smart- In fact, i fancy her. :secret:
👀🤮
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:53 pm Have seen wee Nicola on the news the last couple of days. She always looks so smart- In fact, i fancy her. :secret:
I think she is the best orator in British politics and if she was leader of the labour party we'd have a different government now.
Those wimin were in the nip.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Don’t like her Bonzo but I think you are right she is great at getting her point across. No one in the Scottish Parliament, at least, can match her in an argument.