2018 World Football Cup - discussion

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: 2018 World Football Cup - discussion

Post by Penny Tray »

There's a lot in that questions Brian :lol:.

Firstly, the UK doesn't ban alcohol, Scotland does, for terracing fans anyway, not the hospitality guests. I've seen beer being served to terracing fans before kick-off and at half-time at Man Utd, Bolton Wanderers, and Newcastle United - with not a bit of subsequent bother I might add.

Secondly, I don't think FIFA allow alcohol at matches under their auspices but that's not to say beer wasn't smuggled into the match you were watching or that alcohol-free beer wasn't being sold.

Thirdly, I've been in Moscow of couple of times and while it's a wee while ago now, I always played safe and had Carlsberg, but that's not to say local lagers weren't available. I didn't like to experiment when I was travelling or flying the next day.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Penny Tray- Many thanks for the response. I sincerely hope the true Rangers fans one day can enjoy a drink while watching the game . As Sir Alex Ferguson quoted " Prawn Sandwiches " talking about the Hospitality support. A proper Glasgow man.

Going back to the World Cup - Mr Putin and his comrades are on a winner concerning security ..
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Penny Tray wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:56 pm I'd rather not in this format, and for good reason. If we met personally, and I attend 3T committee meetings and social events, we could, I think, have a good chat about football on a one to one basis.
Not a problem PT.
I know the official secret's act comes in many guises. :wink:
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

I'm implementing my 3T 'confidentiality clause' - and saying nothing :lol: !
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

brian f wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:11 pm
Going back to the World Cup - Mr Putin and his comrades are on a winner concerning security ..
Brian, I'm not sure what you mean but I'm wondering what they've done with all their, usually, very active football hooligans? I didn't expect any trouble at the matches but I thought they might have showed their hand in the streets.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Penny tray- The last month the English press have had scaremongering daily reports of violent thugs waiting for the arrival of the English support. I Don't know if it had a knock on effect but so many have not decided to travel in fact the few thousand that has are called the " Dads Army."

I have heard no reports of trouble so far at the World Cup so well done Vladimir and henchmen...
No doubt the Gulags of Siberia are at bursting point temporarily.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Hughie, Are you staying up late to watch the Peru game ?
Is it correct Australia have to beat Peru and France have to defeat Denmark to get through. Good luck.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

brian f wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:44 pm Is it correct Australia have to beat Peru and France have to defeat Denmark to get through.
Yip Brian, France have already qualified from the group - but if Denmark avoid defeat against them then Australia will be out of the competition. There is however, a 'fine line' situation that could potentially develop here.
As it stand's in the group at present, if France were to defeat Denmark by one goal to nil and Australia defeated Peru by the exact same scoreline, then I think the Aussies would progress at Denmark's expense.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

brian f wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:44 pm Hughie, Are you staying up late to watch the Peru game ?
Is it correct Australia have to beat Peru and France have to defeat Denmark to get through. Good luck.
The game was on after mid-night here, Brian. I've a busy day ahead so intended getting up at 6.30 to see the replay. Unfortunately they went down to Peru 2-0. :(
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Hughie wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:17 pm
brian f wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:44 pm Hughie, Are you staying up late to watch the Peru game ?
The game was on after mid-night here, Brian. I've a busy day ahead so intended getting up at 6.30 to see the replay. Unfortunately they went down to Peru 2-0. :(
Never mind Hughie, Maybe next time.
Look after the animals. Are the Kangaroos still about . :D
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

What about Maradona last night? I've got a feeling he has a few Colombian friends :smt102
Those wimin were in the nip.
Scott McCallum
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Scott McCallum »

I came across this and thought it was quite funny - tho' maybe not to Aussies. I have the whole thing - really long - but this gives you a taste!
(With apologies to the late great Edwin Starr).

(Menacing drum roll.....)

VAR!

Huuh! Yeah!

What is it good for?

Absolutely NOTHING!

uh-huh, uh-huh

VAR!

Huuh! Yeah!

What is it good for?

Absolutely NOTHING!

Say it again, y'all…

VAR!