2006 US Open Golf Winner's Stevenston Connection

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

2006 US Open Golf Winner's Stevenston Connection

Post by Hughie »

One of my son's pals just won the US Open. He's Geoff Ogilvey from here in Melbourne. Some time ago the boys when they were playing amatuer tournaments around the world as part of their golf scholarships stayed over a few nights at my brother-in-law's place in Stevenston.

This photo was taken I believe at the Routenburn golf course in Largs. That's my late brother Bobby and his wife Betty. The boy in the centre also plays the tour in the US, Steve Allan - his parents are Scottish too. Steve was wrapped when he won the raffle at a night out at the Windy Ha. Our son Jamie is on the right and you can read about him Here

salgeouk
Settling In
Settling In

Post by salgeouk »

Hi All, I was wrapped to see Ogilvy won the Golf. Must be ok if Jamie knows him! Sally O xx
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Well, Hello, Sally.
Good to hear from you!!!!
I do like your piglet picture.
I'm missing our brandy and dry.
Netta
salgeouk
Settling In
Settling In

Post by salgeouk »

Hi Netta, One Brandy/Dry coming up!! I'm off to play Bridge so I'll have a couple. Sally O xx :lol:
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2006 US Open Golf Winner's Stevenston Connection

Post by Hughie »

Nice to see Geoff win another US tour event. Watch out for Stevie Allan, A currat heided wee goer he is with Scottish parents. But it's an awful hard life on tour - talk to us about it. We're so happy our son Jamie chose to teach the game rather than spend lonely days away in motel rooms away from family. He phoned us once from Arizona and was as lonely as hell. Changed days, he's now a family man teaching the game he loves so dearly - absolute magic.
oilers
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by oilers »

Hughie I watch the golf constantly. Seen Allen a few times he has been close a couple of times but faded down the stretch. Allenby I think is done, Appleby is always close but doesnt do well in the majors. Ogilvie and Baddely are the best of the Aussies. Adam Scott is a slight notch above these two bur everyone is just chasing Tiger. It was reported on BBC sports news that whenever Tiger wins Ladbrokes the bookies lose 4/5 million pounds
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Jeff Ogilvey has just won the world matchplay golf championship in Arizona for the second time. Over thirty-six holes he won four and three - meaning he was four holes up with three holes to go, so his opponent couldn't win. :)