What's on your bucket list?

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

What's on your bucket list?

Post by Hughie »

What would you add to your bucket list now we're getting on in years? Wife reckons the Great Wall of China is a must see, that's on my list too. I'd also love to sail through the Panama Canal. I often check the ships going through the canal, the canal's webcams are worth a look see: http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

So, what's on your bucket list?

Updated: Our voyage through the Panama Canal:
http://www.threetowners.net/forum/viewt ... 02#p138502
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: What's on your bucket list?

Post by brian f »

Good one Hughie .

A nights B+B at Morags , While am pouring out the Mimosa's, Morag i prefer my eggs easy over :lol:

No to be serious i would enjoy fine dining from all corners of the world Italian,Curry's from the Indian subcontinent,Chinese etc.
This one is more feasible just down the road http://www.roast-restaurant.com/ mmmm.

I would also like to visit the Seven wonders of the World as i enjoy travelling and History.

And Cruising here there and every where no Northern lights for me i prefer warmer climates.

To retire to a cottage in Arran if to cold and rainy the Algarve would be a good Substitute .

If i had any change left i might pop in at you and Bobby's Men Kitchen i have heard it's "THE TOP'S"

Regards Brian.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

brian f wrote:Good one Hughie .

A nights B+B at Morags , While am pouring out the Mimosa's, Morag i prefer my eggs easy over :lol:

No to be serious i would enjoy fine dining from all corners of the world Italian,Curry's from the Indian subcontinent,Chinese etc.
This one is more feasible just down the road http://www.roast-restaurant.com/ mmmm.

I would also like to visit the Seven wonders of the World as i enjoy travelling and History.

And Cruising here there and every where no Northern lights for me i prefer warmer climates.

To retire to a cottage in Arran if to cold and rainy the Algarve would be a good Substitute .

If i had any change left i might pop in at you and Bobby's Men Kitchen i have heard it's "THE TOP'S"

Regards Brian.
Eggs Benny with the Mimosas Brian, your choice of Canadian bacon or smoked salmon. Can give you the brekkie but no' the bed..full house here the noo! Mibbe if one of my weans is about a wee trip to Laguna Beach, or up Mt. Baldy ;)
My bucket list is to make one ...
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Retsum
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Retsum »

On one of our visits to our daughter in Perth, I would like to travel in the Outback. Ever since T.E Lawrence's "Seven Pillars of Wisdom" and the film Lawrence of Arabia, I have been fascinated by deserts but never experienced one. Also since the film "A Town Like Alice" (God, how long ago was that!) I have wanted to visit Alice Springs. Out granddaughter was born on a yacht in Darwin so I would like to drive on up there, visiting Ayre's Rock (or whatever its new name is) on the way. In the 1920's my grandfather's brother emigrated to Australia and established a branch of the family in Rockhampton so I could go there after Darwin and then on to the Great Barrier Reef and Brisbane where we have friends. How long do you think it would take Hughie - 3 months?
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Retsum wrote: In the 1920's my grandfather's brother emigrated to Australia and established a branch of the family in Rockhampton so I could go there after Darwin and then on to the Great Barrier Reef and Brisbane where we have friends. How long do you think it would take Hughie - 3 months?
Go for it, Graham. Three months would be adequate if the funds last. :) For me the Barrier Reef is a must see, hope to go back to Cairns in the next few years to again enjoy that wonder. Darwin too is special, but I'd avoid the monsoon season. :roll: If you're down our way, let us know.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Drive up the Alaskan highway to Anchorage
Stay in the Ice Hotel in Lapland
Get over my fear of horses and learn to ride one properly
Go to the Celtic Festival in Nova Scotia
Sunbathe somewhere warm on Christmas Day
Snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef
Eat one of Hughie's fruit cakes he baked :-)
Spend a day at Pru Leith's cook school
Convert our back yard to a vegetable plot (but dont tell George)
Learn to play the ukulele

There's lots more, but dinner's ready :-)
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

Die peacefully with enough life insurance. :)
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Catherine Belle wrote:Die peacefully with enough life insurance. :)
Catherine, that is my wish too.
Good to see you posting again, missed you.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

The Belle of New Joisey! :wink:
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

bobnetau wrote:
Catherine Belle wrote:Die peacefully with enough life insurance. :)
Catherine, that is my wish too.
Good to see you posting again, missed you.
Missed you too, Netta.
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Hughie wrote:The Belle of New Joisey! :wink:
Nope, Hughie...that honour belongs to Snooky, last time I checked. :wink:
Bob Bryden
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Bob Bryden »

I'd like to visit Hawaii & Vancouver again. I didn't have long enough when visiting both places in 1974 en route to visiting relatives in London, Ontario. A major reason for wanting to see Honolulu again is to take the official Navy tour around Pearl Harbour. The trip I took around Pearl Harbour in 1974 started out from the Honolulu yacht harbour & it wasn't until later I discovered that only the Navy Tour allows one to set foot on the Arizona Memorial - to get that you have to go to the Navy Base presumably at Pearl Harbour. Going through the Panama Canal again could also be worth while to see the changes since passing through there in 1963 in the Shaw Savill ship "Southern Cross" en rout to our new life in N.Z. I understand the Panama Canal has been or is being enlarged to take larger ships. The Southern Cross was 20,204 tons & seemed a tight fit in all the locks we passed through.

Just one thing Hughie - we stopped at Balboa at the Pacific end of the Canal & Dad, Uncle Andy (Dad's brother) & I went for a walk. While passing a Y.M.C.A. we were approached by an middle aged American man who was attracted by the shirt I was wearing which bore a pattern featuring New Zealand stamps. He offered to take us on a drive around Balboa & across the William Thatcher Ferry bridge (which straddles the Pacific entrance to the Panama Canal) to old Panama City which we happily accepted. My point in mentioning this is that he also mentioned that if we'd walked about a hundred yards further we'd have entered a danger area with a strong risk of mugging. I don't know if security is any better now.

I like travel but now feel it's a bit risky with having those 2 ostomies to contend with. I know other ostomates do travel quite successfully internationally but with me having a rare double ostomy it's a bit more difficult.

The immediate priority on my bucket list though is simply to get into a new low maintenance house before I reach the qualifying age for National Superannuation (old age pension) next January.
Bob