lost your tongue

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

lost your tongue

Post by brian f »

never mind what you up to this weekend :gamer1:
Anne
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: lost your tongue

Post by Anne »

My younger Son is having a 40th on the 21st so we are all heading out tonight for a Family/Friends get together. No cooking :yahoo:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

The furthest i will get this weekend is the paper shop :oops:

So it's watching sport on the box for me .
Just finished watching the Kiwis beating Wallabies 29-28 (rugby union ) what a game !

Now what shall i watch next. Celtic v Ross county or Man city v Spurs :think:
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

brian f wrote:Now what shall i watch next. Celtic v Ross county or Man city v Spurs :think:
Brian, perhaps you should get off your backside and get out there and support the local football in your area. :wink:
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

In the ideal world that would always be the case Hughie, but I've got the same affliction as brian today. It's Ross County v Celtic on an internet stream for me at the minute. Bit of a one sided game though. :)
Last edited by michaelm on Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

No need for that. Hughie :shock:

The only local football i supported here was the teams my boys played for.
No interest in any other, why should i.
When i was up the road i supported my local teams both famous Glasgow and Kilwinning RANGERS.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Brian, I think Hughie was just making a wee light hearted comment there - he probably wouldn't have known if you're living in the three towns area at present - but he's right, there's nothing wrong with supporting a local team wherever you happen to live. :)
ardrossanrentboy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by ardrossanrentboy »

Good win for the Buffs today brianf. 6 - 3 in the cup against Darvel. They're off to a flying start this season having scored 33 goals in 6 games and are clear at the top of the ADL league. They have a large squad with a good mixture of experience and younger guys and are expected to be promoted again, probably with the Winton Rovers as well.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Thanks for that update Ian, i must also say your vast local knowledge is incredible, well done.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

I still search the Sunday papers for the Winton Rovers result (which strangely no one ever posts on Threetowners for the benefit of those of us who have moved elsewhere but retain an interest) and saw today that they had a 3-1 victory over Lugar Boswell in the first round of the 'NEW COIN HOLDINGS CUP'. Looking at the range of teams amongst the other results I'm thinking this might be a new sponsor for the Scottish Junior Cup? Yes/No?
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
ardrossanrentboy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by ardrossanrentboy »

I think it's the Evening Times cup (previous sponsors ). New Coin I think is a one-arm bandit machine supplier and sponsor of the tournament for the West of Scotland.
The Scottish Junior Cup games are playing next Saturday. I tried to find out other Junior results on Saturday night from the SJFA official site but they don't seem to update their data until officially confirmed so you can find results on the hoof from Pie and Bovril.
Try http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index ... -football/ and look for a New Thread usually headed Todays' Scores ... folks post on that thread as the goals are scored so it builds pages quickly and you need to search but there are a few Winton fans who regularly post scores and comments.
The Sunday Post sometimes showed Junior Results and sometimes not, that's another good reason I no longer buy it.