Bobby Lennox tribute

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Lettie
New Poster
New Poster

Bobby Lennox tribute

Post by Lettie »

Hi, if there are any Saltcoats people or football fans who would like to get involved in doing something to honour bobby Lennox, would love to hear from you and suggestions of what to do.
Last edited by Meg on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thought this topic would get better coverage here Lettie, Meg
T44RBY
Settling In
Settling In

Re: Bobby Lennox tribute

Post by T44RBY »

Hi Lettie,

Is there a significant anniversary coming up for Bobby Lennox ? Did you have something specific in mind ?

Cheers,

Iain
Lettie
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Lettie »

Hi, planning to have a short meeting in argyle centre, salt, wed 7th May, 7pm just to see if anyone else has ideas or wants to help organise something' feel free to come along,, possibly something simple. Like a plaque??? there are quite a sporting athletes for saltcoats, eg ray montgomerie, Roy Aiken, Steve Clarke, just feel bobby Lennox achieved a lot and we should recognise this bit more.
T44RBY
Settling In
Settling In

Post by T44RBY »

Quite agree, all of the guys you mention have seen some level of success which is great, but Bobby Lennox is on a different level, and no disrespect meant to them.

I'll PM you my details, and maybe we can have a chat ? Assume you're in the 3T's area ?
frank quinn
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by frank quinn »

As a former classmate & player with Bobby (with St.John's) in the late 50's.I would like to
know how Bobby is.I know he had a heart problem, gets to us all!!Can you tell me how
he is ??---------------Thank You
Frank Quinn
Lettie
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Lettie »

Hi, far as I know bobby is doing well,I don't really don't know him, just see him walking along the shore now and again
T44RBY
Settling In
Settling In

Post by T44RBY »

frank quinn wrote:As a former classmate & player with Bobby (with St.John's) in the late 50's.I would like to
know how Bobby is.I know he had a heart problem, gets to us all!!Can you tell me how
he is ??---------------Thank You
Frank Quinn
I think he may have had a pacemaker fitted a while back Frank, but after that I'm afraid I'm not familiar with any other issues he may have had - he looked pretty healthy yesterday at the opening of the new CP frontage.

mo_gacky
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by mo_gacky »

its nice to see local people make good!! I remember my hubby doing Roy Aitkens garden when he lived in west Kilbride,
mojo20
Settling In
Settling In

Post by mojo20 »

Just a wee suggestion. What about a wee football tournament for all the primary schools in the 3T's open to boys/girls/mixed teams and name the tournament after Bobby. Then have a wee prize giving with buffet afterwards and ask Bobby to do the presentations. The winning school takes the Bobby Lennox trophy home. This could then be an annual event. There could also be some sort of community presentation made to Bobby. Hold a raffle to raise funds and the winner gets to present Bobby with his 'award'!