Boys Brigade

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Boys Brigade

Post by brian f »

ardrossanrentboy wrote:Brianf, the bike shop up Kilwinning Main Street which switched from one side to the other near Papingo's barbers and becames Tam's Autos, wasn't ever Graeme's shop as far as I know.
I Ardrossanrentboy i used the shops in Fergushill Road many a time no the tourney as i lived in the other end in the flats and the cosy or segton was just round the corner.
The only barbers i knew was Dave Reids the scalper lol well you did have to keep well groomed for the bb !
ardrossanrentboy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by ardrossanrentboy »

Yes brianf, the area has changed a lot when they demolished the old houses, virtually lost the Fiveroads as a communal entity surrounding the Star Inn. Did you know there was and still is a castle in Fergushill Road?
Attachments
Non-existent Fiveroads hamlet
Non-existent Fiveroads hamlet
ardrossanrentboy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by ardrossanrentboy »

Sorry brianf, forgot the 1937 townplan showing the old layout, I've marked Papingo's Barber shop... the Bike Shop was near to it next to Charles Burns Shoeshop then across the road opposite the pub now known as Revels.
Attachments
Papingo's barber.jpg
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Let's get back on topic folks - this is about the three towns. In passing it's fine to deviate but let's stay true to the original poster's intention within this part of our forum.
Anne
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by Anne »

My Brother Alex, (who is now 72 ) was in the Stevenston BB's. Remember him whitening his wee round hat and belt which went across the chest too if my memory serves me right ?