Stevenston dentist

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Stevenston dentist

Post by 5siamese7 »

Wllie Burns had a good reputation. He died shortly after retiring. I don't think anyone likes going to the dentist but its important not only for your appearance but your general health. I don't think Mr Maxwell's prophecy came true.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

No. I think he may have over-estimated the impact all these new products were going to have.

They may help keep you away from dental treatment a BIT longer, but you still have to go. :-x :evil:

I remember Maxwell trying out his first ever WHITE filling on me. His face was all lit up like a beacon that day, because he had something new to try.

You should see the teeth my new dentist at the 3t's practice has. Whiter than snow. Great ad for the practice.

I am loving the fact I changed my facebook profile pic to show Maxwell the Dentist's hoose in the distance, and 2 days letter I find out where he is buried. Love this stuff. Completely unconnected as well. :shock:
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Everyone to their own taste but quite frankly I find these whitened teeth daft looking and so not real. They look terrible and even ridiculous. Best to stick to the natural look incidentally I know a woman who brushes her dog's teeth every morning.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Yes. I heard a woman outside Sainsbury a while back say she did her dog's teeth with a soda solution (?). Hmmm.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Bicarbonate of soda its incorporated in some toothpastes.
imajrk
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by imajrk »

Ivelived in Canada for many years and dental care is not part of your everyday healthcare. Luckily we had jobs that included those benefits. But, I the last few months, (now that we don't have coverage), I've had to spend a lot of money on my teeth. So my advice is this: take good care of your teeth. Clean, floss and have regular checkups with the dentist.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

So true.

Well... The way our NHS is going we may not have daily healthcare either!!
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

I lived in dread each time the school dentist visited St. Johns. I was one of the unlucky ones who got called out of class each time she visited. Instead of treating cavities with fillings, she pulled teeth. It was agony for me.
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

There was nothing worse than walking in tae the playground and seeing that big white caravan sitting there.
Those wimin were in the nip.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

bonzo wrote:There was nothing worse than walking in tae the playground and seeing that big white caravan sitting there.
Remember that well! Never got to go in though. My mum was firm believer in dental check every 6 months. Never had any dental issues, apart from being a tomboy and getting teeth knocked oot!, but when older, if I'd a toothache bad enough to make an appointment, miraculously it disappeared just before I'd to go in! Always blood stains on the pavement outside the surgery and the kids at school with big bloody wads of cotton at their mouths. Going to the dentist here is a breeze by comparison..I still don't like it though!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

morag wrote:
bonzo wrote:There was nothing worse than walking in tae the playground and seeing that big white caravan sitting there.
Remember that well! Never got to go in though. My mum was firm believer in dental check every 6 months. Never had any dental issues, apart from being a tomboy and getting teeth knocked oot!, but when older, if I'd a toothache bad enough to make an appointment, miraculously it disappeared just before I'd to go in! Always blood stains on the pavement outside the surgery and the kids at school with big bloody wads of cotton at their mouths. Going to the dentist here is a breeze by comparison..I still don't like it though!
:lol: you paint a vivid picture fortunately I've seen sense and go 6 monthly. My dentist is aboot 15 right enough but very good.
Those wimin were in the nip.