Let's talk Apps

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Let's talk Apps

Post by Hughie »

Let's talk Apps, whither it's for your iPad, iPhone or Andriod tablet or smart phone. A few of the Apps (applications) I use on my iPad 2 can be seen below in the screenshot - I love my iPad. :) there are said to be over 300,000 apps, many of them free - I think I've only ever paid for three.

My favourites are the catch-up TV apps, all are free apart from the BBC iPlayer which is $90 a year, but it's worth every penny 'cause I can record any shows and watch them when away from home. Though many of the BBC shows are free to us in Oz on the ABC iView App for a week after they are broadcast ;)
What's your favourite Apps?

Another example is the FlightRadar24 App see below, it's free but if you want to pay $2.99 you can get the Image, I'm going for that - who'd have believed such things were possible.

What apps are your favourites?
Witterquick
Settling In
Settling In

Re: Let's talk Apps

Post by Witterquick »

My most used app is probably google maps/navigation, also use ESET mobile security, youtube, lapseit Pro (pretty awesome time-lapse app), vplayer. FoxFi and Wifi File Explorer Pro :)
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Must admit my favourite thing about my iPad is the fact that it boots up instantly! I alternate between my iPad and a Sony Vaio netbook, and it seems to take an age to get into the netbook. As for apps - I use the iPad at work, and one of the freebies helped with a child's assessment in the nursery. Bear with me for a minute til I tell you - I have a three year old pupil in a nearby village nursery. She is non verbal and has cerebral palsy and the nursery were finding it difficult assessing her. I got her a loan of an iPad and found some apps that would help assess (circle, square, triangle and colours red blue green - happy face sad face etc). She was able to use her knuckle to access the touch screen and she came out second highest of all the assessments in the nursery!!!!! Isn't technology wonderful!

Meg
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I love that Meg!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

Me too. My grandson attended special kindy last year and he just gets so much from the ipads and now his computer at prep. He's five. Technology cerrtainly has given all these kids a voice they never had before. margb
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Great story, Meg. They are educational at all levels. They also help to give Nanna and Poppy a wee rest from the full-on grandkids.
:clap:
:secret: Taken with Hughie's iPad
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

had a friend who worked with autistic children and she said the response to computers was awesome.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis