Post by scottyd »

All good Ayrshiremen rejoice !
Kilmarnock have won the League Cup !
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Killie win the Cup !

Post by Penny Tray »

And let me as an Ayr United man at heart be the first to congratulate you. A magnificent victory against a Celtic team that have been on the crest of a wave for months on end. Nine referees out of ten would have given Celtic a penalty in the last minute though :oops:.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

It was a good victory for Kilmarnock even thou am a hoops man , but sad to here that Killie's Liam Kelly's father was rushed to hospital after the game with what appears to be a heart attack so it has took the shin off winning the cup as all the player feel for their team mate and his family .
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Penny Tray wrote:And let me as an Ayr United man at heart be the first to congratulate you. A magnificent victory against a Celtic team that have been on the crest of a wave for months on end. Nine referees out of ten would have given Celtic a penalty in the last minute though :oops:.

And as a Celtic fans i have to be honest it was never a penalty he must have fell over a blade off grass as there was no contact with any player.
peterm1711
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by peterm1711 »

scottyd wrote:All good Ayrshiremen rejoice !
Kilmarnock's goalie won the League Cup !
Fixed that for you. :wink:
Jimmym wrote:And as a Celtic fans i have to be honest it was never a penalty he must have fell over a blade off grass as there was no contact with any player.
The Killie defender has apparently admitted to making contact with Stokes = Penalty. :roll:

Very well done to Kilmarnock for their unexpected win.

Saddened to hear of the death of Liam Kelly's father. From what must've been an all time high for the lad, to the very lowest feeling in the world, RIP.
aland
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by aland »

best killie performance in a while, whilst Belly was immense the whole team gave it 150%, got to laugh at the wee ginger whiner today moaning about the (non) penalty, his team had 91 minutes to score but didnt.. GIRFUY //funny

just wish i hadnt been at work and could have enjoyed last night in kilmarnock

PT didnt know you were a A*r fan, still we all have our crosses to bear but still have to say this...WFAANW or won for col and never will //funny //funny
call me alan or al, labels are for tins of beans or soup not people. We are all Jock Tamson's bairns
scottyd
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by scottyd »

The tragic death of Liam Kelly's Dad at the final whistle puts everything into perspective.
How sad life can be that even the moments of greatest joy can be destroyed by tragic sadness.
The weekend's events show we should treasure what we have because who knows what the future holds.
My heart goes out to poor Liam and his family.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Aland,

My father was a native of Ayr and tried to persuade me that I should support The Honest Men and the first senior match I ever saw was Ayr United versus Hearts, circa 1959, a 1-1 draw. West of Scotland schooling soon sucked me into the great Rangers/Celtic thing but I can't get Ayr United and Somerset Park out of my system.

Incidentally, I was drawn to that first senior match because Jim McGhee, a formidable outside left, had been transferred from Ardrossan Winton Rovers to Ayr United.

And I should say too that for almost a decade I was either at Somerset Park or Rugby Park on alternate Saturdays. Football was my first love and who was playing was secondary. I fondly remember many great Kilmarnock players and their famous League Championship triumph.

Two of my heroes from school were Bobby Alexander (Castle Road) and Edgar Wilson (Garthland Drive), both of whom, despite intense peer pressure, started and left school as Kilmarnock supporters.

They never wavered!
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Richard

Post by Richard »

CONGRATULATIONS KILLIE.
Sunday night in Kilmarnock would have been jumpin.
I don't support any football team but I did have Celtic on my coupon for Sunday's games.
Out of the 7 games on Sunday, Celtic & Cardiff both let me down.
I watched the game on TV and it looked like a penalty to me BUT as someone has already stated,
Celtic had 90 minutes to score and from what I seen, they never looked like scoring in a month of
Sunday's.
Nice to see a wee bit of the Scottish football spotlight going somewhere other than on the gruesome
twosome. Even if it will only be temporary.
Well done Kilmarnock.
//perfect
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I used to be a Killie supporter when I lived in Scotland, local team and not wanting to be involved in the Celtic / Rangers c*ap. Don't think my mum ever forgave me..lol! (mum: I'm not biased..I don't care who beat Rangers..)
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
peterm1711
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by peterm1711 »

Jimmym wrote:And as a Celtic fans i have to be honest it was never a penalty he must have fell over a blade off grass as there was no contact with any player.
That blade of grass looks suspiciously like a boot in the ankle to me, but then again, maybe not.
scan0001tk.jpg

aland wrote:best killie performance in a while, whilst Belly was immense the whole team gave it 150%, got to laugh at the wee ginger whiner today moaning about the (non) penalty, his team had 91 minutes to score but didnt.. GIRFUY //funny

That wee ginger whiner will have the last laugh in the coming weeks. //perfect
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

peterm1711 wrote:
That blade of grass looks suspiciously like a boot in the ankle to me, but then again, maybe not.
scan0001tk.jpg

aland wrote:best killie performance in a while, whilst Belly was immense the whole team gave it 150%, got to laugh at the wee ginger whiner today moaning about the (non) penalty, his team had 91 minutes to score but didnt.. GIRFUY //funny

That wee ginger whiner will have the last laugh in the coming weeks. //perfect
ther was a little contact but he dived with two feet in the air.. 3/10 must do better! but at least the treble has gone :D