Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.

Where in the world do we live?

Three towns
30%
Elsewhere in Scotland
21%
England
16%
Other UK
2%
Europe other than UK
2%
Australia
12%
Canada
6%
New Zealand
2%
USA
6%
Others
3%

Total votes: 438

JenniMc
Settling In
Settling In

Re: Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Post by JenniMc »

Hi Sarah,

I've started to have a look at the Irish records today and have discovered that you can get copies of the births, deaths and marriages records for free. There are a few oddities that I'm trying to nut out and will then place them all into the tree, and it looks as though I will be able to get another few generations back.

I've been using this free platform to put it together and it's easy to use and looks as though I can transfer the McAteer info across to another users tree.

https://www.familyecho.com/

Jenni
ronnie69
New Poster
New Poster

Post by ronnie69 »

Hi my name is Ronald o'rourke i used to live in saltcoats "Kerr avenue" i am not long just turned 69. I moved to cambuslang in 1976 and have been here ever since now married with 2 grown up children.
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Hi Anne i lived in Busby drive Also are you related to Cecilia and Christine I'm Sadie Milligan from 27 don't remember you, if you are of the same family .
isabelgarrett
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by isabelgarrett »

Just joined.Born in Saltcoats in Springvale Street.Have lived here since.Very interested in the history of the town and the area.Presenty a guide at Portencross Castle.Was also a guide at Burns Cottage and the Museum until 2020.At the moment would like to know if there are any updates on the excavation at Montfode.I was there when Headland Archaeology found the graves and have copies of the paperwork.Has a date been decided?I would like to know more about the site and if Christianity came via Whithorn.I am sure there are more early Christian sites in the west that have yet to be discovered.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

isabelgarrett wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:45 am At the moment would like to know if there are any updates on the excavation at Montfode.I was there when Headland Archaeology found the graves
Hi Isabel, welcome to threetowners! :)
There hasn't been any further postings to the topic Early Christian cemetery at Montfode All I can suggest is that you get in touch with https://headlandarchaeology.com/