Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.

Where in the world do we live?

Three towns
30%
Elsewhere in Scotland
21%
England
16%
Other UK
2%
Europe other than UK
2%
Australia
12%
Canada
6%
New Zealand
2%
USA
6%
Others
3%

Total votes: 438

derekc
New Poster
New Poster

me

Post by derekc »

i am from stevenston been away long time good to look up old things lived in reads ave first then wallace ave have 7 kids widowed 14 years ago oldes 29 youngest 7 love reading the forams derek is my name
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: me

Post by Hughie »

Hi Derek, Welcome to Threetowners! Don't be a stranger, come back and let's be hearing more from you. I'll shift this post to the "Introduce yourself" topic at: http://threetowners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=116#p116 later today - it's still morning here in Oz.

Again, Welcome aboard! :)
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: me

Post by morag »

Hi Derek, looking forward to your posts and memories of the old toon. Lived in Glencairn St, then Hawkhill Pl.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Tommy
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Post by Tommy »

Hi everyone,
My name is Tom Hutchinson lived in Hamilton Crescent, l attended St Johns till 1969 . We moved to England
Shortly after that due to my Dads work .l have great memories of growing up there though .
I still have family living in the area and can still go back and visit .Recently found a school photo on your web site for 1966 that l am included in ,just wondered if any of my ex school mates are on the site and how they are doing now.

Well l am just brand new to this so l will keep an eye on it and hope to take part in the forums in future .
All the best,

Tom
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Hello Tommy and welcome.
I instantly recognised many of the pupils in this photo you mentioned from old St Johns Stevenston in 66. Some of these kids are famous .. and others are infamous! :)
http://www.threetowners.com/images/Scho ... 0C1966.jpg

I would have been in primary 6 or 7 at that time myself - depending on which month the pic was taken - and was just a year or two above.

Know Hamilton Crescent well as I lived in the adjoining Forde Crescent then.
sally40bags
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by sally40bags »

Hi Tommy, welcome to the site. I'm sure you will enjoy looking at all the postings. It's a great site for helping you keep in touch with what is going on back home. Re the school pic, my wee brother Brian Ferguson is second on your right. Looking forward to hearing any old stories you have.
Sandra
Tommy
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Tommy »

Hi all,
New to this so bear with me ,thanks. For the quick replies ,first hello Sandra l knew Brian very well we were very good friends back then,you may even remember when l managed to get the fishing hook stuck in my finger in your house one night after school.( but maybe not a long time ago.)

I was back up visiting about three months back and my sister Nan said she thought that Brian was in the bar
But l did not approach him as l thought he would remember me after head a long time.

I have been talking to my kids about some of the antics we used to get up to there was a bunch of us all on that photo that used to hang about together , l was quite amazed to see that photo in there l also found another one
Regarding the Ardeer Thistle that one of my uncles is in .

Passed them round the family most of them live in England but we do still have some in the area gets some conversations going.if anyone from the photo recognises me and would like to say hello please do.

Regards,
Tom
sherlock
Settling In
Settling In

Re: introducing myself as sherlock

Post by sherlock »

hi my name is moira holmes ( cairns ) i went to kyleshill primary, i still live in the three towns have two children and 1 grandchild
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

Hi Moira welcome to the three towns and hope you enjoy it I believe you were a year ahead of me at school my name is Ian Irvine I lived in Kildonan place
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Moira,

Are you related to Jean and Margaret?
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
sherlock
Settling In
Settling In

Post by sherlock »

Hi Penny, Sorry I am Not related to Margaret and Jean Cairns but I did stay next door to them in the prefabs both families were on the corner of Prospecthill Rd. and Ivanhoe Dr. Iwas in between the ages of Margaret the oldest and Jean, two sisters who were very different to one another, thanks for getting in touch.
sherlock
Settling In
Settling In

Post by sherlock »

Hi Liz, I saw your name and realised I knew who you are. My name is Moira and my sister was Esther Cairns. Sadie and Bobby Nicol were our Aunt and Uncle. Where is Grace now?