Irvine Mall

Other photos that don’t fit elsewhere can be shown in this album.
Forum rules
Show photographs here, which don't fit elsewhere. Use a storage agent such as http://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
gerv
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Irvine Mall

Post by gerv »

[attachment=0]Ayrshire,%20Irvine,%20From%20the%20River.jpg[/attachment]

Does anyone remember this before the mall was built
Attachments
Ayrshire,%20Irvine,%20From%20the%20River.jpg
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Irvine Mall

Post by sweet caroline »

Gerv,remember it well as the building at the waters edge on the right was part of the church hall ,where i learnt Highland Dancing.Highland Dancing Competitions were held at the Low Green,other side of the river.Must have been about c 1951/52 when my mother took us there for the day.They danced with all their medals on at that time ,and a plaid for Highland dancing.Also swings down there .The old Ayr road turn off was just passed the bridge on the left hand side.My sister went to the hairdresser down there ,and was a model for them.Never new what hairstyle or colour she would walk in with.

Sweet Caroline
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

I remember the location well, circa 1966-70, and cringe every time I witness what replaced it! It wasn't progress for me.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Don't know why we'd be there on a Sunday morning, but I remember playing on the pitch and putt course on the Low Green back around 1958. First time I ever had a lofted club in my hands. 8)