Disgusted

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
joan
Settling In
Settling In

Disgusted

Post by joan »

To-day I was up town when i noticed a home help standing out side a very old friend of mines house, the home help goes into the old ladys house in the morning and does what she has to do, a very caring job indeed,i noticed she was handed a cup of tea by a workmate of hers and was clearly upset, very concerned about my old friend i asked the home help if my old friend was alright, she assured me that she was and then pointed to her wee council van that gets her around town to the old people, Someone had smashed the passenger window and made of with her bag containing purse keys ect, you know all the stuff we women carry, sentimental stuff as well, This was a very busy main street and no-body saw anything or the crook was just very lucky no-body about,it would have only taken seconds, I have thought about it all day and just wonder what sort of person did this, Here you have a kind and caring person just going about her daily duties to help the aged and this happens to her, How can that person sleep at night or maybe they have no trouble as that likely used to robbing and thieving makes you wonder.???? I ken what id like to do to them.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Disgusted

Post by morag »

I'm sorry for your discomfort, Joan, but if it's any help, we'll all get what we deserve eventually. Who knows the cause? Quick fix or need to pay the rent? Doesn't really matter wrong is wrong, kindness is always better than meanness.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
bobbydarg
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobbydarg »

I just watched the TV tonight, the programme was about how much force you should use if you get burgled and confront them. I know where i stand on this one. It's my home, it's my family, you break in, you suffer the Consequences.
be nice to your children, they'll pick your care home
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Joan - I was working in London and one morning a guy was halfway through the door of the tube and he collapsed with what turned out to be a heart attack. An off duty nurse and I ended up lifting him off the tube and onto the platform (at the insistence of other passengers - lovely people all in a hurry to get to work) and proceeded to try and keep him alive until the ambulance arrived.. When help eventually arrived on the platform - we realised that some rotten ****** had stolen the off duty nurse's bag which she had put down beside her when she was administering to the dying man.

Meg
Wildfowler Lounge
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Wildfowler Lounge »

Meg Gordon wrote: a guy was halfway through the door of the tube and he collapsed with what turned out to be a heart attack. An off duty nurse and I ended up lifting him off the tube and onto the platform (at the insistence of other passengers - lovely people all in a hurry to get to work)
That is just one step away from walking past dead bodies in the gutter as Mother Theresa found people doing when she arrived in Calcutta! No wonder my mother said she was glad to be getting out of this world when she was dying. I think she could see changes in society I was too young to notice.
http://protectthepope.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anne
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by Anne »

On tuesday afternoon a friends Husband took a heartattack on his way home from work, died in his car. Fellow citizen/s took his cell phone from a holder around his waist and other items lying in his car. These people are low life and hopefully what goes around comes around.

Anne
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

The human race never ceases to disgust me..........
then again, it never ceases tc amaze me............
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis