putting green party

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

putting green party

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

i remember being given this photo quite a while back, but cant remember who from,but im sure it was a party at the old putting green, i know one person in it and im thinkin the man who taught us all to swim at the bathing pool is in it at the back.
James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
000_0230a (56).JPG
Milda
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: putting green party

Post by Milda »

Jimmy Battersby at the back and in front of him is Joyce Millar ,Joy Kirkwood 4th from left front row Michael Kirkwood 3rd row 2nd right I know other faces but can't get the names just now.
maggie T
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by maggie T »

Milda,Like you i know many faces,cant think of any there names just now The first woman top row,i know her face
did she work in the woolshop,or shoeshop,in Saltcoats.I will get you to put your thinking cap on MIlda. :) Margaret.
Milda
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Milda »

Oh Margaret I don't know,where she worked,I do know her face though.I will think about it .Milda
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I've no idea what year this was but the woman / girl you are talking about looks very much like a classmate of mine named Pauline Jack.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
westendcafe
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by westendcafe »

I have a copy of the same photograph. I think that it must date from about 59/60. I am in the front row just right of centre. My big sister, Maria, has her arm lovingly round my neck telling me to look at the camera. Next to us, resplendent in their blazers are Lynne and Humphrey Robertson, Pork Store Roberstons. Further along the front row, in the white dress, is Heather Oliphant. The lady at the right, with the hat, is my Grandmother Nilde Cavani. It looks as if white ankle socks and Clarks T-Bar sandals were all the rage that year!
"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."